Oklahoma State basketball hit w/ 1 year post-season ban

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
They weren't going to be in the tournament anyway. So really, no punishment. I can't find any details on this anywhere? Has it not been officially released yet?

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Just a stupid ass punishment by the NCAA per usual. They are trying to look tough but are really just overreaching. OSU was dumb to cooperate. NCAA has shown if you cooperate you get hit harder than if you fight it.
They had one assistant coach trying to steer guys to a financial manager or agent. It had no effect on the games. Punish the coach, not the kids on the team.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Well, based on numbers of violations, this is my expectation now for Kansas:

-5 year postseason ban

-10 year show-cause for all KU coaches.

-15 year probation

-reduction of 15 scholarships for the next two seasons

--$50,000 fine

For the Water Polo team
FIFY

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Just a stupid ass punishment by the NCAA per usual. They are trying to look tough but are really just overreaching. OSU was dumb to cooperate. NCAA has shown if you cooperate you get hit harder than if you fight it.
They had one assistant coach trying to steer guys to a financial manager or agent. It had no effect on the games. Punish the coach, not the kids on the team.

I'm sorry, but the AD at OSU hired this guy. As a coach, he was representing OSU Athletics and their basketball program The school must be punished. They're ******* cheating. The student athletes are more than welcome to transfer out. If you decide to play for a cheating program, you are lumped in with them. Sucks, but has to be done. Just wish the NCAA can act more swiftly than having a process that takes 3 freaking years to impose penalties.

Hoping that KU burns soon.