Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...rs-Michigan-Wolverines-147721561/#147721561_1

247 released 2020 bowl projections today. I realize these are an exercise in futility but are still fun to look at. According to this prediction Hawks and Clones would both be 1st timers in their respective bowl games. At least something different. I really don't hate the idea of the Las Vegas Bowl from a Hawkeye fan's viewpoint. Fun destination and shiny new stadium and decent opponent. But it also probably means a 7 or 8 win season. Always hope for more I guess but it may be the reality this year. How would you guys feel about Navy as an opponent? I know they were pretty good last year.

Having a month to prepare for the triple option would be a huge advantage

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...rs-Michigan-Wolverines-147721561/#147721561_1

247 released 2020 bowl projections today. I realize these are an exercise in futility but are still fun to look at. According to this prediction Hawks and Clones would both be 1st timers in their respective bowl games. At least something different. I really don't hate the idea of the Las Vegas Bowl from a Hawkeye fan's viewpoint. Fun destination and shiny new stadium and decent opponent. But it also probably means a 7 or 8 win season. Always hope for more I guess but it may be the reality this year. How would you guys feel about Navy as an opponent? I know they were pretty good last year.

Man, I would pass on that bowl, although Ft.Worth is a decent destination and an easy trip. Navy flat out worked KSU last year in Memphis. I can't imagine an ISU defense that is set up to stop impatient passing attacks would do really well against a team that is perfectly happy picking up 4 yards a play. BTW, ISU plays UNLV in the new stadium in 2021.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny

Would love the Utah matchup. Good excuse to get to Vegas for the first time as well.

LOL at Michigan going to the Outback again. We know your pain.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Man, I would pass on that bowl, although Ft.Worth is a decent destination and an easy trip. Navy flat out worked KSU last year in Memphis. I can't imagine an ISU defense that is set up to stop impatient passing attacks would do really well against a team that is perfectly happy picking up 4 yards a play. BTW, ISU plays UNLV in the new stadium in 2021.
Didn't realize you had that on the schedule for 2021. Is that UNLV's home stadium now too?

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

Navy is a great opponent. Great football history and they were better than Iowa last year and return more.

May 18, 2020
It's too bad the last two troll threads took away from all the great discussion in this one. Now it's all about a guy named Jeff.
Exactly! Who's Jeff? It would seem that he has permanent residence in the heads of many clone fans on this site. He might even own more clone real estate than JBo....if that's possible.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Didn't realize you had that on the schedule for 2021. Is that UNLV's home stadium now too?

Yes. Ames this year, Vegas next year. I doubt ISU would have signed up for it if they were still playing in crappy Sam Boyd Stadium out in the suburbs.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Exactly! Who's Jeff? It would seem that he has permanent residence in the heads of many clone fans on this site. He might even own more clone real estate than JBo....if that's possible.
I was not here for Jeff, but it seems to me he was a troll who constantly made outrageous takes. Being that there are a few Hawkeye posters on here that continuously do that, it's easy to see why they think Jeff is back.

Also let's just put the "real estate" / "rent free" thing to rest. Jordan trolls Iowa State. Iowa State fans rarely think about him, and only respond when he does something. That's not rent free or taking up real estate.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Jim Heacock is no Norm Parker.
Man, after thinking about Norm from this post went back and looked up the Orange Bowl stats. It's almost hard to believe the plan he put in place and how well the team executed.

That season, Georgia Tech was the top rushing team in P5 (Nevada #1) with 295 yards a game. 15th in scoring per game with 33.8.

Norm and company held them to 143 rushing yards, 12 passing yards, and only 7 pts. Unreal. Norm is an absolute legend.

Reactions: TrianglePlace