I Dream of Genie Wish List .............

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Balrog

Sep 17, 2008
Des Moines
Things are a little slow tonight so............. a bit of stupid fun.

You are Gene Chizik. You have fourteen recruits and are looking to recruit approximately ten more players for next years season.
You can wrinkle once, for an offensive player and wrinkle once for a defensive player. For whom do you wrinkle? For whom does your nose toll? What does your nose know?
Jon Lechner and Mike Marry?
Take your time. You are making very good money.:wink:

Go Cyclones:yes:

Last edited:

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
I take it the rules include uncommitted guys whom we have offered.....

Corey Gaines and James Carpenter

I guess I think DT is more of a need than LB. I also wouldn't mind getting those Geffard twins as safeties....but I couldn't pick just one.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Only one of each? Samantha Stephens could wiggle her nose for two offenseive and two defensive recruits! :wink: The original Samantha Stephens, not Nicole Kidman.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
"Wrinkle" my nose a third time (that was Bewitched, Balrog), and I'll take Money Reynolds.

A fourth, and I'll just take Barbara Eden home with me. :biggrin:

Gordyo5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 3, 2007
Glenwood, Ia
Well if I could basically wish any recruit would sign I might as well go with Bryce Brown (#1 RB) and Devon Kennard (#1 DE). Now if I had to go with people we are currently recruiting I would have to agree with the 2 listed above.

arganbright2

Aug 6, 2006
3rd that!!!

Linebackers and DT's. Carpenter is a good OL recruit but I have a feeling that we might be switching Haughton to the D-Line

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I guess I think DT is more of a need than LB. I also wouldn't mind getting those Geffard twins as safeties....but I couldn't pick just one.

Middle linebacker is hugely more a need than defensive tackle. For one thing, the two middle linebackers will both be seniors, for another...well, that's sufficient.

Balrog

Sep 17, 2008
Des Moines
"Wrinkle" my nose a third time (that was Bewitched, Balrog), and I'll take Money Reynolds.

A fourth, and I'll just take Barbara Eden home with me. :biggrin:

My gosh, when you get as old as I am you just get so............confused. The gene/genie and nose metaphor works so much better than a nod. Thanks for getting it straight.

Go Cyclones.:yes:

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Carpenter would be huge. If I had a gun to my head and it was Gaines or Marry, I'm probably going Gaines. Line play has hurt us more than LB this year...

Balrog

Sep 17, 2008
Des Moines
I know I'm going to get ripped for this but, if/when Reynolds becomes part of the family, what would be wrong with putting him on the defensive side of the ball? I assume his frame could stand an extra 15 or 20 pounds? Would one of you football guys tell me why he couldn't play safety or corner or even linebacker for that matter? Is this a crazy notion?

TheCity

Jul 8, 2008
The City, VA to CA
I know I'm going to get ripped for this but, if/when Reynolds becomes part of the family, what would be wrong with putting him on the defensive side of the ball? I assume his frame could stand an extra 15 or 20 pounds? Would one of you football guys tell me why he couldn't play safety or corner or even linebacker for that matter? Is this a crazy notion?

Truthfully he could play Safety, he loves contact, but evidently you've never seen what he can do with the ball in his hands? 2 days away!

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I'll take Money for starters. We need one more guy that can really make game changing plays, the OL another year of development - and the offense will be potent with what we've got coing back. Potent.

I don't know all of the recruits names, but we need a rush DE, a fast MLB, and a good safety. We get those things and we make a serious run at the North in '09.

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Unless those guys are JUCO guys they are probably not going to make an impact next year...

You're probably right about that, but I'm not necessarily hoping for beasts at this point - just decent improvement. With Money on that offense we'll score more than enough to win - and just a solid improvement with a little more skill and the growth of the returners and the defense will improve enough to get us off the field much more often.

I'm not looking for an SEC defense - yet - I'll save that for '10....

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
ISU needs playmakers and I think Money will help us a lot on that issue. Spread the defense out and make them think about the deep threat. I hope he has great hands.

Our O-line will be solid next year. They need another year in the weight room. We need a lot of help on defense. Marry is a must.