Iowa Football Recruiting

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
That's quite the list! Grew up in Iowa I'm assuming or did you become an Iowa fan through another avenue?

Spent time in Iowa and Texas and have family in the LA area. Was in Texas when Hayden was at North Texas and was a NTSU fan before he came to Iowa.

Wife graduated from Iowa.

Reactions: Clarence Butthorn

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
Well there you go. That's a pretty awesome connection!
North Texas wasn’t much for football until Hayden took over as AD and Head Football coach. They ended up winning a lot of games and not getting invites to Bowl games. Can you imagine a 10-1 or 9-2 team not getting into a Bowl game these days? That was one of the things that made Iowa attractive to Hayden. He knew if he could find a way to win the Big Ten not only would his team be guaranteed a Bowl Game but it would be the “Granddaddy of them All”.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
North Texas wasn’t much for football until Hayden took over as AD and Head Football coach. They ended up winning a lot of games and not getting invites to Bowl games. Can you imagine a 10-1 or 9-2 team not getting into a Bowl game these days? That was one of the things that made Iowa attractive to Hayden. He knew if he could find a way to win the Big Ten not only would his team be guaranteed a Bowl Game but it would be the “Granddaddy of them All”.
That's pretty cool. And no I can't imagine a team with that record not playing in a bowl game that's pretty wild. Ironic that Hayden started there and Dan McCarney ended there!

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
That's pretty cool. And no I can't imagine a team with that record not playing in a bowl game that's pretty wild. Ironic that Hayden started there and Dan McCarney ended there!

It was. In fact I don’t think Dan ends up at North Texas without Hayden. It definitely wouldn’t have happened with SMU. They fired Hayden and he held a grudge and rightfully so.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Anyone can be a moron when discussing sports. I don't think he'd lie and make up some whole back story on his life either.
He's on pace for 10k posts a year here. I'm sure he is fully capable of making up a lot of stuff.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He's on pace for 10k posts a year here. I'm sure he is fully capable of making up a lot of stuff.
For sure. I just think there are some things you can tell are genuine you know? Sometimes you can have an actual conversation with someone without lying, trolling, or playing some sort of schtick.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
For sure. I just think there are some things you can tell are genuine you know? Sometimes you can have an actual conversation with someone without lying, trolling, or playing some sort of schtick.
Absolutely you can but the guy has been playing the bad chasing troll game since he fired up this username and everyone knows it. Most of his posts make zero sense. They aren't even clever.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

If you're talking about Jeff (easy guess) he says he got his degree from Iowa and then went to grad school at UCLA or USC IIRC and follows it up that he flies private to all Iowa games because he doesn't live in Iowa. I don't think he's ever typed a true word on here in his life

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Absolutely you can but the guy has been playing the bad chasing troll game since he fired up this username and everyone knows it. Most of his posts make zero sense. They aren't even clever.
I guess I haven't been here enough to figure out who's who from the past lol.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If you're talking about Jeff (easy guess) he says he got his degree from Iowa and then went to grad school at UCLA or USC IIRC and follows it up that he flies private to all Iowa games because he doesn't live in Iowa. I don't think he's ever typed a true word on here in his life
That honestly sounds amazing. I have a friend whose mom dates a former Green Bay Packer and he flies them private to Green Bay almost every Sunday. (not trolling. actually true lol)

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
That honestly sounds amazing. I have a friend whose mom dates a former Green Bay Packer and he flies them private to Green Bay almost every Sunday. (not trolling. actually true lol)
tenor.gif

Reactions: SouthernCy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron