Iowa Football Recruiting

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If you think enrollment is all that really matters then the value of an isu degree is being further cemented below that of an Iowa degree.
Quiet. Both schools are great academic institutions.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
tenor.gif

Reactions: TrianglePlace

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
You don't throw out good games because the team lost. I'm not going to throw out Garza's 40 point performance against Michigan and say it didn't matter because they lost. Would you?

Garza had a great game at Michigan same with the Penn State game in Philly. They both ended in losses though. What I don’t see is Iowa fans on any Iowa board equating Garza’s effort from those games as some sort of proof that Iowa was better than either of those teams. Here however CyTwins and other clone fans take that step. It is if they desperately need something to try and be better at than Iowa and then they are like a dog on a bone when they think they have it.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Garza had a great game at Michigan same with the Penn State game in Philly. They both ended in losses though. What I don’t see is Iowa fans on any Iowa board equating Garza’s effort from those games as some sort of proof that Iowa was better than either of those teams. Here however CyTwins and other clone fans take that step. It is if they desperately need something to try and be better at than Iowa and then they are like a dog on a bone when they think they have it.
I hear Iowa fans, particularly my in-laws say that Iowa was better than Penn State mainly because of Garza. Made up excuses about the floor, the heat, the refs, and so on and so forth. Bad argument Jeff.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah I've called out other posters who have made dumb arguments like that, but don't act like you don't instigate anything or you're some saint either. People troll to get a rise out of Hawkeye fans like yourself.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
I hear Iowa fans, particularly my in-laws say that Iowa was better than Penn State mainly because of Garza. Made up excuses about the floor, the heat, the refs, and so on and so forth. Bad argument Jeff.

So link where Iowa fans were posting after the first Michigan and Penn State games that Iowa was so much better than both of them even though they lost the game.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So link where Iowa fans were posting after the first Michigan and Penn State games that Iowa was so much better than both of them even though they lost the game.
Life and conversations exist off of message boards and social media Jeff. (If that is your real name)

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
enrollment speaks to how things are changing. we are getting bigger and better and you are staying the same. It's quickly becoming a Cyclone State.

Tell that to all the Tavern Hawks and their sons across the state that want to be Hawks when they grow up. ISU has made some progress since the 80s, but they are still a long ways behind Iowa when it comes to fans in the state.

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
Tell that to all the Tavern Hawks and their sons across the state that want to be Hawks when they grow up. ISU has made some progress since the 80s, but they are still a long ways behind Iowa when it comes to fans in the state.
tenor.gif

May 7, 2020
It's pretty close to 50/50 right now.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
In real life, not on paper, there is 0 chance we finish 4th in that weak conference. An lol, no. You are little brother. Which university has more students?
Good Lord stop. You weren't better than Iowa, Wisconsin, or Minnesota. That would make you the odds on favorite for 4th. The bottom of the West was not good last year but the top 3 were all pretty decent.