Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Some stores are closing because of the protesters (well because of the rioters more like it) and he destruction that they have caused.
I'm sure it was only out of huge abundance of caution. Everything that was happening around here was super small and non violent.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Chaser like.

delivery.png

I was sitting here watching TV and nothing was happening on my dead end street so they never got here. Thinking this is likely related to highway closures and the 8:00 curfew tonight.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Chaser like.

View attachment 72315

I was sitting here watching TV and nothing was happening on my dead end street so they never got here. Thinking this is likely related to highway closures and the 8:00 curfew tonight.

What constitutes an attempt? Saying, hey we should deliver this but I don't think so? Although I will say that I wouldn't expect to get things very timely for a few days until things settle down.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
What constitutes an attempt? Saying, hey we should deliver this but I don't think so? Although I will say that I wouldn't expect to get things very timely for a few days until things settle down.

Yeah, I totally get them not getting here but it was odd since it's a generic message with a specific time stamp. No biggie, just a few pounds of Death To Slugs cause I love hostas and hate slugs.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Was not planning on wearing the company branded polo today. But, having to leave at 4:30 to be at work by 5...it's going to be that and have my badge at the ready just in case. Well, and make sure I obey all traffic laws.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Was not planning on wearing the company branded polo today. But, having to leave at 4:30 to be at work by 5...it's going to be that and have my badge at the ready just in case. Well, and make sure I obey all traffic laws.

I'm irritated that I have to get up at 5:30 to 5:45 because of kids' stuff. I'm not a morning person. Up at 6:45 and rolling around 7:15-7:30 is my style.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Seeing the news footage of what's happening in Minneapolis reminded me of the rioting and looting in Watts and Detroit back in the 60s. (Yeah, I'm old. 64 next month.)

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
We bought 2 hibiscus plants a few weeks ago, and they have started to bloom. (They're in pots, they don't last in the ground over the winter.) Beautiful brilliant peach colored blossoms, about 6-7" across. The vixen counted 28 buds on one plant!

Plus her geraniums (some special kind, can't remember the describing word) are now blooming too....awesome deep purple blossoms.

I love spring.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
As part of my Covid-19 store avoidance I've been eating my way through stuff that's been in my freezer for a while. As I baked a frozen Byerly's quiche I, out of curiosity, looked for a expiration date thingie. Found a "best by" of 2017 something. It was delish. I ate half a pie. DND. Wondering how awesome it might have been three years ago.
I eat stuff like that all the time. Wifeypoo thinks I'm nuts. I tell her I'm just preparing for the zombie apocalypse.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
We bought 2 hibiscus plants a few weeks ago, and they have started to bloom. (They're in pots, they don't last in the ground over the winter.) Beautiful brilliant peach colored blossoms, about 6-7" across. The vixen counted 28 buds on one plant!

Plus her geraniums (some special kind, can't remember the describing word) are now blooming too....awesome deep purple blossoms.

I love spring.
Our daughter just brought us a bouquet of peonies this weekend. Beautiful (and a little bit anty).

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
We found a chub of Jimmy Dean's sausage in the back of the freezer from 2016. Cooked up fine, tasted fine. :D
However, we really SHOULD rotate food in our freezer better. :oops:
Has anyone noticed that HyVee quit selling Hormel Little Sizzlers? I guess they had to close some plants and the Little Sizzler plant got the axe. Those things were the best.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I eat stuff like that all the time. Wifeypoo thinks I'm nuts. I tell her I'm just preparing for the zombie apocalypse.
I had a bunch of flat iron steaks in the freezer. I have been thawing one of those every couple of weeks. Gonna be steak again tonight.
I need to stop putting stuff in the basement freezer and get it cleaned out. It needs to be defrosted and there is way too much in it now.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Seeing the news footage of what's happening in Minneapolis reminded me of the rioting and looting in Watts and Detroit back in the 60s. (Yeah, I'm old. 64 next month.)
My daughter is a nurse at hennepin county hospital and her fiance is a fireman for Minneapolis. Throw a prayer or two their way if you have time.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

I love spring.
Picotee? They come in different colors, but they are HUGE blossoms. I have a pot of gold w/cardinal edges, and two pots of red/white (couldn't find the cyclone colors locally, so bought what was available then found the other online).

Edit - nevermind. Picotee are begonias, not geraniums. I'm an idiot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.