The Two Powerhouse Football Conferences

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
Maybe Iowa should join the Big XII then and show us how dominant they can be against our inferior conference. When you get to duck the best teams in your league, like the B1G West does on a consistent basis, it certainly is much easier to have an inflated record.

We have already experienced what happens to a once proud Big 12 program when they moved to the Big Ten, they went from winning championships to fighting to stay out of the bottom of their division.

Besides why would Iowa want to take such a massive pay cut?

Reactions: Clarence Butthorn

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
You're talking about the ratings not specifically SOS like I'm talking about. I don't care that Team Rankings has Iowa State as a top 25 team their SOS metric is a joke.

The fact they have Texas way ahead of Kansas when it's a fact Kansas played a tougher conference schedule is laughable

There it is again Sagarin can only be used for one piece of one metric. Reality according to CyTwins.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
These are all based on HIS OWN SOS metric. He has tons of teams ranked higher than teams with the same or more wins and a tougher SOS.

3) Washington St. ranked higher than Miss St who had a tougher SOS according to Sagarin
4) Nebraska not ranked dead last
5) UCF ranked higher than Navy who had a tougher SOS according to Sagarin
6) ISU ranked #28, LOL
7) Texas ranked higher than Baylor
8) Texas ranked #15, LOL
9) Kentucky ranked higher than Virginia who had a tougher SOS according to Sagarin
10) Tennessee ranked higher than Arizona St. who had a tougher SOS according to Sagarin
11) Michigan ranked higher than Auburn who had a tougher SOS according to Sagarin
12) Oklahoma St ranked higher than USC who had a tougher SOS according to Sagarin

I have never dismissed a metric, but looking over Sagarin's own flaws and contradictions I'm wondering just how much value Sagarin even has?

Throw the damn towel CyTwins, you are getting pounded.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
You're talking about the ratings not specifically SOS like I'm talking about. I don't care that Team Rankings has Iowa State as a top 25 team their SOS metric is a joke.

The fact they have Texas way ahead of Kansas when it's a fact Kansas played a tougher conference schedule is laughable

What are you talking about? It is a metric, the SOS and rating are all tied together. You can not change one without changing the other. How they heck do you think he formulates a SOS without looking at the ranking of the opponents that teams played. For instance ISU gets credit for playing the #15 ranked Texas, even though they aren't close to a top 15 team. The entirety of Sagarin SOS is a joke with the mistakes I pointed out.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Lol Sagarin takes into account margin of victory so it's not surprising a team with a worse SOS and the same record is ahead of someone with a better SOS. He is talking about his ratings not his specific SOS portion of it

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What are you talking about? It is a metric, the SOS and rating are all tied together. You can not change one without changing the other. How they heck do you think he formulates a SOS without looking at the ranking of the opponents that teams played. For instance ISU gets credit for playing the #15 ranked Texas, even though they aren't close to a top 15 team. The entirety of Sagarin SOS is a joke with the mistakes I pointed out.

I'm aware he formulates it from his Sagarin ratings but it's not like beating #15 Texas carries a ton of unjustified weight considering they finished the season as a top 25 team lol

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Throw the damn towel CyTwins, you are getting pounded.

He makes it so easy. Trying to disprove all other metrics and data just isn't a smart play and is easy for me to debunk. Then on top of that trying to say only one metric is correct is once again easy to poke holes in.

He has taken an untenable position, he makes it easy for me really.

Last edited:

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
Maybe Iowa should join the Big XII then and show us how dominant they can be against our inferior conference. When you get to duck the best teams in your league, like the B1G West does on a consistent basis, it certainly is much easier to have an inflated record.

Maybe you can answer what no clone fan has before you. Clearly Sagarin is the isu fan go-to so if that is the case and you say Iowa win total is inflated then why wouldn’t isu win any more games the last 2 years playing Iowa’s schedule according to the Sagarin Predictor?

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I'm aware he formulates it from his Sagarin ratings but it's not like beating #15 Texas carries a ton of unjustified weight considering they finished the season as a top 25 team lol

So you admit Texas at 15 is incorrect, that is good. If you move Texas to 25 where they belong, that affects every Big12 teams SOS and rating, it is a snowball affect and would absolutely drop all Big12 teams in SOS and rating.

Good to know you agree how flawed Sagarin is. Seems like you felt earlier that one flaw makes a metric irrelavant then?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He makes it so easy. Trying to disprove all other metrics and data just isn't a smart play and is easy for me to debunk. Then on top of that trying to say only one metric is correct is once again easy to poke holes in.

He has taken untenable position, he makes it easy for me really.

Since I can't see who you're quoting I'll assume you're agreeing with Herky and that's all I need to know about how this debate is going lol

Reactions: aauummm

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020

He has taken untenable position, he makes it easy for me really.

Reality according to CyTwins, use Sagarin for only one tiny piece of information and ignore everything else his model has to say.

No wonder he is the leader of the isu fan base.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So you admit Texas at 15 is incorrect, that is good. If you move Texas to 25 where they belong, that affects every Big12 teams SOS and rating, it is a snowball affect and would absolutely drop all Big12 teams in SOS and rating.

Good to know you agree how flawed Sagarin is. Seems like you felt earlier that one flaw makes a metric irrelavant then?
So moving Texas from 15 to 25 drastically changes things? Just throw in the towel you're embarrassing yourself

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
Since I can't see who you're quoting I'll assume you're agreeing with Herky and that's all I need to know about how this debate is going lol

Herky pounds you as well CyTwins? Good to know. This debate is going about as well for you as the debate when you were saying Iowa’s handling of season tickets for 2020 and 2021 is “disgusting”.

CyTwins shoots off his mouth without knowing any better and gets pounded as a result.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

You are struggling this morning for sure. Now granted, like I said I have a really easy job here, as you have backed yourself into a teeny, tiny little corner for all the trolls you run. Trying to prove a single metric as 100% correct and all other metrics as 100% wrong just just another troll actually.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You are struggling this morning for sure. Now granted, like I said I have a really easy job here, as you have backed yourself into a teeny, tiny little corner for all the trolls you run. Trying to prove a single metric as 100% correct and all other metrics as 100% wrong just just another troll actually.

I never said anything was 100% correct. I said Sagarin is the best for SOS because it is and it is easily the most referenced metric for strength of schedule

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
So moving Texas from 15 to 25 drastically changes things? Just throw in the towel you're embarrassing yourself

Who said drastically? You admitted it would change the metric. Not only ISU SOS, but everyone who played Texas, so the entirety of the Big 12 SOS rankings would drop.

Glad to know you think the Big12 teams SOS ranking from Sagarin are inflated due to the incorrect ranking of Texas.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Who said drastically? You admitted it would change the metric. Not only ISU SOS, but everyone who played Texas, so the entirety of the Big 12 SOS rankings would drop.

Glad to know you think the Big12 teams SOS ranking from Sagarin are inflated due to the incorrect ranking of Texas.

Yikes. Take the loss man

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I never said anything was 100% correct. I said Sagarin is the best for SOS because it is and it is easily the most referenced metric for strength of schedule

LOL, you already admitted that the Big12 SOS is inflated due to the Sagarin flawed ranking of Texas. Man it is rough for you this morning defending this kind of incompetence in a metric.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
You waved the white flag a long time ago on this.

Way worse than his troll saying how Iowa is selling season tickets for 2020 and 2021 is “disgusting”. He took a real pounding on that and he never let it go either.

The isu fan base has their true leader in CyTwins.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron