Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
I think all Iowa fans would say Smith is a good pickup for whoever gets him. All I know is I really hope whoever ISU gets that it gets them to the bubble and ultimately being one of the first 4 teams left out of the tournament. That way Prohm keeps his job.
Doesn't it get old repeating the same thing over and over or iowa fans just not that smart so that's all they have to say. You and The bear just repeat yourself on every post.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If that is true it would leave Iowa, MSU and Wisconsin (no specific order) as the 3 teams in the top tier of the conference next season.
Michigan too. If Livers comes back they're going to be pretty good. But yeah Iowa will be up there in the preseason that's for sure. And I wouldn't count on Illinois not being good because Ayo doesn't come back. They're going to be pretty salty regardless.

Reactions: Kritscd

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think all Iowa fans would say Smith is a good pickup for whoever gets him. All I know is I really hope whoever ISU gets that it gets them to the bubble and ultimately being one of the first 4 teams left out of the tournament. That way Prohm keeps his job.

Honestly an eligible Harris, JCL and Smith is probably a better team than you want

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Michigan too. If Livers comes back they're going to be pretty good. But yeah Iowa will be up there in the preseason that's for sure. And I wouldn't count on Illinois not being good because Ayo doesn't come back. They're going to be pretty salty regardless.

I think Griffin is a big loss for Illinois, I liked his game.

I think Illinois and Michigan will be in the second tier. Michigan was hit with some bad luck recruiting this spring when Christopher chose ASU and Todd opted for the G League.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think Griffin is a big loss for Illinois, I liked his game.

I think Illinois and Michigan will be in the second tier. Michigan was hit with some bad luck recruiting this spring when Christopher chose ASU and Todd opted for the G League.
I believe they ended up getting a couple of really good transfers.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They got Chaundee Brown, Nojel Eastern and Mike Smith.

Brown and Eastern are most likely going to have to sit out next season.
I would count on a lot of transfers being able to play this year right away due to everything that happened at the end of last year and that's still happening.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Smith would be ISU's best transfer thus far. Maybe missing out on the first 25 transfers was a blessing for Prohm. This is the craziest transfer season yet. Having all those rides open was a good thing for him for sure.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Smith would be ISU's best transfer thus far. Maybe missing out on the first 25 transfers was a blessing for Prohm. This is the craziest transfer season yet. Having all those rides open was a good thing for him for sure.
He missed on about 8 transfers but yeah. Lol

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
I would count on a lot of transfers being able to play this year right away due to everything that happened at the end of last year and that's still happening.

I could see that if guys are either leaving Covid hot spots or trying to get closer to home.

Virginia and Indiana dont seem like hot spots and Brown is from Orlando and Eastern is from Evanston, IL.

Eastern is actually going to a state that has had a lot of cases in Michigan.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Honestly an eligible Harris, JCL and Smith is probably a better team than you want

If they made the NCAA trounament that would be true. Yet you aren't the best judge of this at this time of year. You said that team Prohm assembled last year was a NCAA team and way better than Iowa. In reality that was a garage ISU team, maybe one of the worst historical teams ever for ISU.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I could see that if guys are either leaving Covid hot spots or trying to get closer to home.

Virginia and Indiana dont seem like hot spots and Brown is from Orlando and Eastern is from Evanston, IL.
Yes, that would certainly be a reason, however in light of the fact that the season got cut short due to a pandemic, still being in the midst of a pandemic, and the NCAA going to pass a new transfer rule next year where guys won't have to sit out, I can see the NCAA being extremely lenient to a lot of guys if they have a decent reason as to why they left.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If they made the NCAA trounament that would be true. Yet you aren't the best judge of this at this time of year. You said that team Prohm assembled last year was a NCAA team and way better than Iowa. In reality that was a garage ISU team, maybe one of the worst historical teams ever for ISU.
We're just going to have to wait and see whether Smith ends up a Cyclone, but adding him JCL and Harris, with our incoming freshman class and returning guys makes a way better team than what we ended up having last year.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
We're just going to have to wait and see whether Smith ends up a Cyclone, but adding him JCL and Harris, with our incoming freshman class and returning guys makes a way better team than what we ended up having last year.

Obviously adding JCL and Harris (if he is eligible) will help. Adding Smith would help yet again. The question is will that be enough? It isn't like ISU was some bubble team who was close last year. Add on top of that they lose their best player and I wonder if it is still enough. I guess we will see this fall (well hopefully anyway).

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Obviously adding JCL and Harris (if he is eligible) will help. Adding Smith would help yet again. The question is will that be enough? It isn't like ISU was some bubble team who was close last year. Add on top of that they lose their best player and I wonder if it is still enough. I guess we will see this fall (well hopefully anyway).
Yeah I think Jackson, Bolton, Solomon, and Conditt were some of the only bright spots last year (Conditt struggled the back half of the year), and we got to see those guys learn how to play without Tyrese for 1/3 of the year. So when you add talent like those three transfers and have 2 out of the 4 freshman contribute, you have a team that looks like it should be able to make the tournament.

We'll see how things go though.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Oh man starters something like Harris, Bolton, JCL, Smith and Young with Foster, Johnson and Jackson off the bench?

Do you plan on going bald next season? That back court would have me pulling my hair out.

Those three guys combined have almost 70 more career turnovers than assists.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Do you plan on going bald next season? That back court would have me pulling my hair out.

Those three guys combined have almost 70 more career turnovers than assists.

I mean I'd rather have any of those 3 over Connor and his 3 assists per game lol

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
I mean I'd rather have any of those 3 over Connor and his 3 assists per game lol

Connor starts at the 4 spot for Iowa and he had 124 assists last season. Those 3 combined only had 146.

Iowa's starting back court next season will be Bohannon, Fredrick and Wieskamp.