Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I used to hate it, but now I love it. I don't know why you couldn't dry it -- like parsley.
i think dry cilantro loses most of it's flavor, i think coriander is the dried version which is the seed?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Z and I build her new dresser today.
She wants to start clean and get clothes sorted so the new one only has stuff that fits.
We really didn't keep up with this year's growthsplosion.

Also, we felt like we hadn't done enough to really let her room be her room. Like, hadn't updated the bed, decorated forever, and basically nothing in her room was picked out by her. Figured she'd enjoy it, feel more secure, and feel like she owned that space.

She really feels that today.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Z and I build her new dresser today.
She wants to start clean and get clothes sorted so the new one only has stuff that fits.
We really didn't keep up with this year's growthsplosion.

Also, we felt like we hadn't done enough to really let her room be her room. Like, hadn't updated the bed, decorated forever, and basically nothing in her room was picked out by her. Figured she'd enjoy it, feel more secure, and feel like she owned that space.

She really feels that today.
Show this to Z and see if it gives her any ideas. ;) Bedroom.JPG

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Pepperjack only has jalapeno. I wanted habanero as well so I will just mince some of both and melt Colby over it.

You and my brother would get along. He grows his own "habbies", dries them, grinds them up, and carries a small container of it wherever he goes. He puts it on almost everything.

I've started to develop a taste for habanero, but lately I've been more partial to serranos. Either way, I prefer the smoky taste of those peppers.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Randoms:

o I thought about sneaking in a late afternoon bikeabout but, of course, the wind is gusting to 32 mph. Boo dat.

o Maybe I should wash Boxster, the car, not the long haired owner. It's looking a mite shabby. Well, both Boxster's are looking a bit shabby.

o Think I scared my neighbor and her daughter again. Shabby guy with convertible hair driving up the alley. Looked in rear-view mirror and saw myself. Yikes!

o Went to a garden center. Must have been a hundred old ladies and Karen's there. I was the only dude. Most were making no effort to social distance. Disappointed but expected. Although the elderly ladies without masks practically bumping into me was a little surprising. Employees inside the store were wearing masks, those just feet away in the outside display are were not.

o I wish I was immune to Covid-19 like hardcore conservatives are. :rolleyes:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
This reminded me of you, @Cyclones_R_GR8
100989272_1874703532666887_4535082643888275456_n.jpg

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
And now tonight a “funny”. Things are getting pretty serious. @cowgirl836

Maybe this whole quarantine with DH is getting to her and giving you a shot. Stay patient and I am sure you will get your shot!

It looks like we are also repainting LittleWxs room. We are doing an amazing job parenting and he wants to paint it cardinal and gold (he already has an ISU bedspread). MrsWx is coming up with the pattern and what not.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Just swung into the local Realtors office and had her notarize something for me. I honestly do not watch the news. She mentioned that her daughter who lives in the MSP area had to go to downtown Minneapolis and it was crazy there. MSP folks, you guys ok and how is it there?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Just swung into the local Realtors office and had her notarize something for me. I honestly do not watch the news. She mentioned that her daughter who lives in the MSP area had to go to downtown Minneapolis and it was crazy there. MSP folks, you guys ok and how is it there?
Fugly.

I get the frustration and anger. I share it. But when it crosses the line and it is just vandalism and theft, I have no sympathy. Someone is going to get killed in this insanity either by fire or shot by an angry building, car or shop owner trying to protect their property.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Fugly.

I get the frustration and anger. I share it. But when it crosses the line and it is just vandalism and theft, I have no sympathy. Someone is going to get killed in this insanity either by fire or shot by an angry building, car or shop owner trying to protect their property.
On the Livestream the guy said at least one looter was shot by a pawn shop owner and killed and another potentially was caught in a burning liquor store. Not sure if verified by anyone.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
On the Livestream the guy said at least one looter was shot by a pawn shop owner and killed and another potentially was caught in a burning liquor store. Not sure if verified by anyone.
A moment of levity in the insanity: When they showed some of the gangs of looters who are going around in several SUVs, suddenly stopping, piling out breaking a shop window and grabbing whatever they can before hopping back in their rides and moving on I commented that those guys are going to be pissed when they find out that the pawn shop they want to try to pawn that stuff at has been burned down.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
A moment of levity in the insanity: When they showed some of the gangs of looters who are going around in several SUVs, suddenly stopping, piling out breaking a shop window and grabbing whatever they can before hopping back in their rides and moving on I commented that those guys are going to be pissed when they find out that the pawn shop they want to try to pawn that stuff at has been burned down.

Hopefully those are just demo TVs and don't work. My BIL is a hoarder and had a storage unit of his robbed. Sister was happy because she was tired of paying to store his broken fax machines and copiers that he never repaired. Figured some thieves got their rears kicked when the customers found out none of them worked.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Hopefully those are just demo TVs and don't work. My BIL is a hoarder and had a storage unit of his robbed. Sister was happy because she was tired of paying to store his broken fax machines and copiers that he never repaired. Figured some thieves got their rears kicked when the customers found out none of them worked.
Fax machines are heavy AF too

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Fugly.

I was troubled by some of the comments on social media of people saying the violent protests were acceptable because the peaceful protests were not working. Just sad and disgusting all around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron