Jamie Pollard gives further details on plans for Jack Trice Stadium in 2020

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm unimpressed, but not surprised. His plan is to do nothing and let things sort themselves out while he makes that stupid argument that we just have to live with this.

Oh, well. Money wins.

That's about all we've learned from this.

Personally I'll gladly stay away from attending these sorts of events. Way easier to watch on TV as it is.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I think everyone everywhere will pretty much do the bare legal minimum for their locality.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
His plan is pretty reasonable given the uncertainties and challenges of the situation. And he’s being open and honest. Can’t ask for much more than that.

• Agree
Reactions: usedcarguy

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
His plan is pretty reasonable given the uncertainties and challenges of the situation. And he’s being open and honest. Can’t ask for much more than that.
That's pretty much what I was going to say also.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'm unimpressed, but not surprised. His plan is to do nothing and let things sort themselves out while he makes that stupid argument that we just have to live with this.

Oh, well. Money wins.

What would be better?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
What would be better?

I would expect an effort. Certain examples would include:
1. Specifying that seats will be separate. He specified otherwise for at least the big donors, but that will be everybody.

2. Specifiy distancing in parking. He says it sorts itself out, or just another version of "I trust Iowans to do the right thing."

3. Require masks.

These are some easy steps that anyone can implement.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Oh, well. Money wins.
If money wins there wouldnt be a single student in the stadium.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think the purpose of student tickets being cheap is to Foster future season ticket holders
I'm saying it in regards to having almost 5,000 students in proposed 30,000 situation.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I'm saying it in regards to having almost 5,000 students in proposed 30,000 situation.
I mean I get that but there is some calculations between excluding a minimum level donor who may be on the hook for the next ten years for students who potentially could give the next 40 years

TruClone

Mar 25, 2009
Quad Cities
Well they are watching their friends, classmates. Plus they are enthusiastic and loud, not just sitting on their ass until the scoreboard or announcer tells them to get up and get loud.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Well they are watching their friends, classmates. Plus they are enthusiastic and loud, not just sitting on their ass until the scoreboard or announcer tells them to get up and get loud.
I'm for the students there. That's why I'm saying it's not all about money.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I would expect an effort. Certain examples would include:
1. Specifying that seats will be separate. He specified otherwise for at least the big donors, but that will be everybody.

2. Specifiy distancing in parking. He says it sorts itself out, or just another version of "I trust Iowans to do the right thing."

3. Require masks.

These are some easy steps that anyone can implement.

Pollard was upfront about not wanting to have rules that they didn't think they could enforce. Separating seats may make sense in theory, but it would be a disaster in practice. For instance, first you would have to decide who in our Row 1 gets to stay and who has to move back. Then, they would need a thousand ushers to enforce it. And, of course, it would take professional fans to storm the field while practicing social distance.

Pollard didn't pretend to do things that he knows they can't do. He essentially said that they will be upfront about what they can do and then let people make their choices, just like they are doing everyday at stores and other public places.

Personally, it scares me as my wife has a very serious underlying condition that makes getting the virus very dangerous. For now, it is hard to imagine that I will be going to the games. However, I understand what Pollard is doing and don't blame him at all for doing it.

Last edited: