And if you use Sagarin...

2019 - Iowa finished 10-3, ranked 14th in the country, 3rd place in the West
2018 - Iowa finished 9-4, ranked 10th in the country, 3rd place in the West
2017 - Iowa finished 8-5, ranked 18th in the country, 3rd in the West

If you compare that to the Big XII...

2019 - Texas finished 8-5, 15th in the country, 3rd in the Big XII
2018 - Iowa State finished 8-4, 37th in the country, 3rd in the Big XII
2017 - Oklahoma State finished 10-3, 11th in the country, 3rd in the Big XII

Looks like it’s more of a cakewalk to finish 3rd in the Big XII than it is to finish 3rd in the Big Ten West.
LOL. You are trying to use OVERALL finishes and end of season rankings to prove your conference is tough!? You are dumber than I thought. His original statement was/implied that to even finish third in the BIG10 west you had to be ranked 15th and up. I literally proved that wrong AND showed that one can literally finish a hair over .500 and still be third, as Iowa averages it. Man you Iowa fans really hate facts

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Curious. Why does strength of schedule even matter? Is it simply a point to argue? Does it somehow make your life pertinent once you go to the great practice field in the sky?
SOS would be a great argument for 2 teams with the same record and without a head to head matchup. Next season Iowa will more than likely have a higher SOS and I highly doubt that argument will hold any water here.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
SOS would be a great argument for 2 teams with the same record and without a head to head matchup. Next season Iowa will more than likely have a higher SOS and I highly doubt that argument will hold any water here.

Iowa had the tougher SOS this year according to the majority of BCS bowl SOS metrics.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Iowa had the tougher SOS this year according to the majority of BCS bowl SOS metrics.
And more impressive victories, and 3 more wins, and won head to head (on the road). According to Sagarin South Carolina won the SOS national title. They will be remembered for years for playing that meat grinder schedule and their hard fought 4 wins.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
And more impressive victories, and 3 more wins, and won head to head (on the road). According to Sagarin South Carolina won the SOS national title. They will be remembered for years for playing that meat grinder schedule and their hard fought 4 wins.

Its pretty easy. Years down the line nobody cares who you played, only the record. But when you boast and lord it over other fans, be prepared for them to throw SOS back in your face if it wasn’t good. It’s not that hard to not be a ****.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

No it doesn't, but it still has value, and it tracks pretty closely with the 5 BCS bowl SOS metrics. Plus it is the only one that broke it down into conference SOS. If you find another metric that shows just conference SOS I won't dismiss it out of hand if it shows something different. All metrics have value and can be looked at and used.

Plus it just shows what is obvious to everyone. If you play 3 or 4 top 15 teams in conference play your schedule is going to be tough as heck, and easily tougher than ISU who only played 2 top 15 teams in conference games. That is why Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Nebraska and even Minnesota all had tougher conference schedules than ISU.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
No it doesn't, but it still has value, and it tracks pretty closely with the 5 BCS bowl SOS metrics. Plus it is the only one that broke it down into conference SOS. If you find another metric that shows just conference SOS I won't dismiss it out of hand if it shows something different. All metrics have value and can be looked at and used.

Plus it just shows what is obvious to everyone. If you play 3 or 4 top 15 teams in conference play your schedule is going to be tough as heck, and easily tougher than ISU who only played 2 top 15 teams in conference games. That is why Iowa, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Nebraska and even Minnesota all had tougher conference schedules than ISU.

You tried hard on this one I'll give you that lol

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

I'll give you this, you are pretty consistent, and will absolutely attack anything that messes with your troll. I know it is tough on you when your trolls are obviously so bad and you have no sources at all to back up the crap you spew. Yet that is where you are at. I will continue to use facts and metrics to point out how horrible your trolls are. That is pretty rough on you that ISU conference SOS was easier than nearly the entire Big10 West.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'll give you this, you are pretty consistent, and will absolutely attack anything that messes with your troll. I know it is tough on you when your trolls are obviously so bad and you have no sources at all to back up the crap you spew. Yet that is where you are at. I will continue to use facts and metrics to point out how horrible your trolls are. That is pretty rough on you that ISU conference SOS was easier than nearly the entire Big10 West.

Yes because using the same metric for a decade and then saying a metric is garbage that actually had Iowa State in the top 25 is trolling. Yawn

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Yes because using the same metric for a decade and then saying a metric is garbage that actually had Iowa State in the top 25 is trolling. Yawn

A decade of ignorance is no excuse. Everyone gets that you do this because it fits your troll. There is a ton of data out there that proves how dumb your troll is, and I will keep citing it. The fact is there isn't a spits worth of difference between the Big12 and Big10 West as far as difficulty of schedule goes. Some years Iowa's is tougher and some ISU's is. This years Iowa's was tougher, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

This is why nobody believes anything you say. When you lie about obvious things, you are known as a liar. That is why it is funny when you actually want to post something truthful you actually have to post "I'm not even trolling", because everyone knows your default is a troll and a lie.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
A decade of ignorance is no excuse. Everyone gets that you do this because it fits your troll. There is a ton of data out there that proves how dumb your troll is, and I will keep citing it. The fact is there isn't a spits worth of difference between the Big12 and Big10 West as far as difficulty of schedule goes. Some years Iowa's is tougher and some ISU's is. This years Iowa's was tougher, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

This is why nobody believes anything you say. When you lie about obvious things, you are known as a liar. That is why it is funny when you actually want to post something truthful you actually have to post "I'm not even trolling", because everyone knows your default is a troll and a lie.

Iowa had a tougher schedule in 2017 than Iowa State. I don't pick and choose to fit my narrative. I apologize I think a metric that had Iowa State as a top 25 team is garbage I guess lol

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Iowa had a tougher schedule in 2017 than Iowa State. I don't pick and choose to fit my narrative. I apologize I think a metric that had Iowa State as a top 25 team is garbage I guess lol

Hold on, because Team rankings has a predictive power ranking of ISU at 24, and Sagarin has them at 28 one is gospel and one is garbage? That is 4 spots of difference, that isn't worth a bucket of spit difference.

Listen I get the fact that Iowa has had the tougher conference schedule 3 of the last 5 years really, really bothers you and your troll. I get you will attack this data and dismiss this data because of that, but facts are facts. It backs up what every thinking person knows. Playing 3/4 top 15 teams in conference play is tougher than playing 2 of them.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Hold on, because Team rankings has a predictive power ranking of ISU at 24, and Sagarin has them at 28 one is gospel and one is garbage? That is 4 spots of difference, that isn't worth a bucket of spit difference.

Listen I get the fact that Iowa has had the tougher conference schedule 3 of the last 5 years really, really bothers you and your troll. I get you will attack this data and dismiss this data because of that, but facts are facts. It backs up what every thinking person knows. Playing 3/4 top 15 teams in conference play is tougher than playing 2 of them.

I use Sagarin for SOS and have for a decade. I'm sorry that bothers you so much. If you want to use team rankings or whatever else feel free to look dumb I guess

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I use Sagarin for SOS and have for a decade. I'm sorry that bothers you so much. If you want to use team rankings or whatever else feel free to look dumb I guess

I use all metrics, they all have value. You are the one who looks stupid using one metric for one thing, dismissing the same metric for another thing, and then jumping from metric to metic to suit your needs at the time. Sagarin says ISU was the #28 team in the country last year, and like you said that makes it garbage.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020

Really trying hard is clinging to the Sagarin SOS metric while ignoring that according to Sagarin, isu would have gone 7-6 with Iowa’s schedule and Iowa still would have won 10 games with isu’s schedule.

So who is isu’s Sagarin SOS intended to impress?

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Has anyone noticed that when @Legend Hawk or @Brodie0 spew off another insufferable terribly written troll attempt that as soon as you give them ACTUAL facts, instead of manning up and admitting they trolled and/or lied, they just rate the post "funny" and move on? Starting to wonder if they aren't the same person

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron