Tornado sirens and how kids today are soft

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I’ve been through a few radar indicated tornadoes that weren’t actual tornadoes. I think eventually people will quit taking it seriously and something bad will happen .

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
I’ve been through a few radar indicated tornadoes that weren’t actual tornadoes. I think eventually people will quit taking it seriously and something bad will happen .
It was reported to be on the ground. Sounded like a weak one, but sounds like minor damage in Johnston.

cyclone618

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 2, 2011
Ankeny
I live a couple blocks from 1st and Irvindale in Ankeny, where a tornado was supposedly sighted by a spotter. We had heavy rain but the winds weren't too strong. I’ve been concerned for a few years that the sirens go off too often and we end up becoming complacent, like Al stated.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
These break-in's are annoying. We are watching 08-2 because we want to watch MASH. Give a 10 second warning or run something along the bottom of the screen. If I care, I'll turn over to the main channel.

And the weather guys sound so dumb when they just keep talking without anything to say and even when they can't show you what they want you to see. Yet, they just babble on like they we are all going to die if they stop talking.

For the record, I was not listening to Ed Wilson. I would gladly listen to him talk about anything (or nothing) "after dark."

Last edited:

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
It really calmed down in northeast Ankeny, and there was an impressive wall cloud out west, but it never seemed too threatening over here. I think it stayed further west.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
KeenFineEidolonhelvum-small.gif