Iowa Football Recruiting

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
So if an ISU band member comes out tomorrow and says they were assaulted in Kinnick... you would just believe them right.... and assume they must have been assaulted if they said so.... right?

I'm sure some ISU band members have been assaulted in Kinnick before.... but it's hard to come forward if you have nothing to prove it happened. It would just be a he said, she said thing.

But Barta takes that and runs with it nationally. It made the news, and scrolled across the bottom on ESPN all day. It tarnished ISU's image big time.... and Barta had absolutely NOTHING to go on.

Just like the locker room theft Barta went nationally with. Only to find out after gathering the facts that it was an Iowa fan that broke into Iowa's locker room.... and it was the same private security company that Barta hires to protect their locker rooms in Kinnick too.... it wasn't ISU's security in any way shape or form. Barta is an amateur, and has proven so. Look at the millions he's cost Iowa in discrimination lawsuits over the years.

If a band member were assaulted in Kinnick, I'd fully expect Pollard to release a statement about looking into it. If ESPN scrolls that information that isn't Pollards' doing.

I didn't realize that Iowa fans were allowed entry into the locker rooms during games. Heck I'm gonna sign up for a tour next time Iowa plays in Ames since this seems appropriate to you ISU fans.

I can't beleive how butt hurt ISU fans are by this stuff. If the roles were reversed you'd want Pollard to go nuclear instead of just releasing a statement like Barta did.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
How am I defending him? Frank did something awful and went to prison for it, deservedly so. Pointing out that he paid back money to those he wronged isn’t defending him, but troll on brother.
Not a chance in hell he paid back every cent.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I have no idea, and I’m guessing you don’t either.

I do know, after reading the articles, that the biggest issue was that he was supposed to invest the money in the company stick but he never turned the stock shares over to the clients. Had he done that he would have been fine. They did fine a million dollars he had used shell companies to divert money to himself. He had multiple shell companies. Why he got hit for money laundering.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
See below about how easy the Big 10 west is. But granted we already know you saw these facts and chose to have no response

And if you use Sagarin...

2019 - Iowa finished 10-3, ranked 14th in the country, 3rd place in the West
2018 - Iowa finished 9-4, ranked 10th in the country, 3rd place in the West
2017 - Iowa finished 8-5, ranked 18th in the country, 3rd in the West

If you compare that to the Big XII...

2019 - Texas finished 8-5, 15th in the country, 3rd in the Big XII
2018 - Iowa State finished 8-4, 37th in the country, 3rd in the Big XII
2017 - Oklahoma State finished 10-3, 11th in the country, 3rd in the Big XII

Looks like it’s more of a cakewalk to finish 3rd in the Big XII than it is to finish 3rd in the Big Ten West.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Does this really need to be explained?

If any Iowa fans are defending Frank Garza, you are a disgrace.

If any ISU fans are using Frank's past to try and discredit Luka, you are a disgrace.
Spot on. Luka absolutely has transformed himself and his body and has definitely proved a lot of people wrong, myself included.

But for any person that's been in these threads to act surprised by what Frank's done or need a google link when it's been brought up before is sad.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
So a person try's shoving their way through a crowd and they fall but it's gotta be assault not a person own fault they hurt themself

LOL, giving the old battered wife defense I see. She just fell officer, nothing to see here.

Cytown12

Mar 11, 2012
Des Moines,IA
Care to comment on clone fans threatening the KU team bus or didn’t that count either? While you are at it was the isu donor arrested for going after Bill Self or must we ignore that as well?

Shouldn’t all universities strive for the fan behavior from isu’s fan base?
I've never heard anything about the bus part but the guy was held back by the police before he actually did anything other then yell at him. But those are stupid things that make isu Look bad

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Articles say he received over 10 million. He was hit for 2.8 MM of restitution. What are the odds that he is paying the other 7+ million back?

He shouldn’t have to pay back every cent that people invested with him. He should pay back every cent of the money that he diverted for his own personal use. If he committed securities fraud, he should pay back every cent that he obtained through committing securities fraud. But asking him to pay people back for a failed investment is silly.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
‘Isheem Young, former Penn State commit who pleaded guilty to Wawa robbery, to continue football career at Iowa State.’ It was an honest question. Just curious how people feel about him playing.

Iowa fan: “How dare Twins say something about the McCaffery boys being entitled when they say or do something that seems entitled they are HS kids”

Also Iowa fans: “Lock this kid up forever even though he was a HS kid and a judge determined he was coerced by an older sibling. He should never be allowed to play again.”

Also also Iowa: “I love Fran who signed a convicted felon”

Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
He shouldn’t have to pay back every cent that people invested with him. He should pay back every cent of the money that he diverted for his own personal use. If he committed securities fraud, he should pay back every cent that he obtained through committing securities fraud. But asking him to pay people back for a failed investment is silly.

I agree with you, he never gave any stock to the customers, so it was 100% security fraud. To say it was a bad investment in a company, he would not have to pay any back because the customers had the company stock, problem is Frank never gave them stock, so he took their money and who knows what he did with it.

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020
Iowa fan: “How dare Twins say something about the McCaffery boys being entitled when they say or do something that seems entitled they are HS kids”

Also Iowa fans: “Lock this kid up forever even though he was a HS kid and a judge determined he was coerced by an older sibling. He should never be allowed to play again.”

6EF4FB77-5367-40F8-A589-E3BAAB8CBEDE.jpeg

May 18, 2020

Can you link those quotes? Do we know for sure an Iowa fan said those things? Maybe Pollard can lead an investigation for you. He’s good at making stuff up to satisfy his fan base. Also, do you think it’s right for Isheem Young to play? You seem to be skirting that question for some reason.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron