Cyclones AND the NFL 2020: Off-season, draft, contracts, season review

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Did Iowa St's pro day get canceled? I saw some schools had there's early, but wasn't sure if Iowa St got theirs in.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
really surprised Lima and Spears weren't drafted with how fast they went in free agency..

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Looks like it was a good draft for Montgomery, Lazard, & Butler yesterday.

Bears drafted 1st round TE, added a WR and a few late OL. No additional competition at RB while improving pieces around him. Plus they added a competent QB in Foles.

GB & AZ didn't draft any WR's.

Reactions: Pizzapitter

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Looks like it was a good draft for Montgomery, Lazard, & Butler yesterday.

Bears drafted 1st round TE, added a WR and a few late OL. No additional competition at RB while improving pieces around him. Plus they added a competent QB in Foles.

GB & AZ didn't draft any WR's.

Miami has signed and drafted a bunch of free agent DBs - can't be good for Jomal Wiltz / Jamal Perry.

I was wondering about Harvey's chances of sticking with the Browns. He made it onto the game day roster a couple times but then got hurt.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016

Here's some info on what the "pathway" is for international players:
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com...-program-defensive-end-iowa-cyclone-australia

Blurbs from the article:

Players selected to the program who aren’t signed to a free agent contract will be randomly awarded to one of the NFL’s eight divisions. Following training camp, each player will be eligible for an international player practice squad exemption with his assigned team.

Assuming Leo doesn’t make the 53-man roster, the Eagles can keep him as a bonus 13th practice squad member.

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
This article talks about the NFL possibly requiring smaller squads for NFL training camps, to try to stem spreading the virus in more crowded conditions (does having 75 instead of 90, for example, really reduce your chances that much?). This article focuses on the Dolphins and says UDFAs might be cut before even getting a chance to step foot in training camp. It mentions our Ray Lima as a candidate to be cut without a chance.

This really sucks for UDFAs, some of whom usually make rosters each year. COVID might take away their chance to even try out.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/miami-dolphins-expected-required-cut-203320667.html

NOTE: I should note that the CB formerly known as Jomal Wiltz - now Jamal Perry - is listed on Miami's active roster. Let's hope he gets a 2nd year on an active roster.

Last edited:

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron