HN Board (bored/boring) Site

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CloneKing

Apr 5, 2020
Ankeny
I found this interesting after making the journey to a TOE site. After looking at the threads on the Iowa forum site, I did a snippet of all "Views" portion of the post that were on the that home page:

upload_2020-4-20_11-39-44.png

Wow!! This is crazy. Are hawk fans afraid to post on their own website or what? Or is it because who runs it? I did look at the one that is titled "All Time Starting 5 Native Iowans" The post was started by Rob Howe an administrator. After reading down a few posts someone stated that Ricky Davis wasn't a native Iowan. Mr. Howe comes back and says, "If you go through junior high and high school in Iowa, you qualify. My question. My rules. :D"

I can see why no one would post on this site when you have a "ruler" like Rob moving the goal posts on you all the time. What a work of art he is as an administrator. This is probably why CF has a lot of hawk troll posters on here as they are afraid to speak their peace under the watchful eye of Mr. Howe on HN. They have to migrate to CF to "sow their oats" so to speak. All I can do is laugh at the HN website. It's a funny site to visit and one I would never want to try to be part of.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Haven't been to HN in so long after Robby got butthurt and permabanned me

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I haven't been there since Miller left. Only good thing about that site was the Miller & Deace podcasts.

CloneKing

Apr 5, 2020
Ankeny
Haven't been to HN in so long after Robby got butthurt and permabanned me

The word "butthurt" really does describe him. His playground, his rules it seems.

FluffyIncompleteAmericanpainthorse-small.gif

Reactions: Brandon

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I found this interesting after making the journey to a TOE site. After looking at the threads on the Iowa forum site, I did a snippet of all "Views" portion of the post that were on the that home page:

View attachment 71324

Wow!! This is crazy. Are hawk fans afraid to post on their own website or what? Or is it because who runs it? I did look at the one that is titled "All Time Starting 5 Native Iowans" The post was started by Rob Howe an administrator. After reading down a few posts someone stated that Ricky Davis wasn't a native Iowan. Mr. Howe comes back and says, "If you go through junior high and high school in Iowa, you qualify. My question. My rules. :D"

I can see why no one would post on this site when you have a "ruler" like Rob moving the goal posts on you all the time. What a work of art he is as an administrator. This is probably why CF has a lot of hawk troll posters on here as they are afraid to speak their peace under the watchful eye of Mr. Howe on HN. They have to migrate to CF to "sow their oats" so to speak. All I can do is laugh at the HN website. It's a funny site to visit and one I would never want to try to be part of.

Occasionally, I wander over to that cesspool. Rob Howe is the best thing about HN. Seriously, not just the best of a really bad group, but he seems actually to have common sense, objectivity, and insight. Jon Miller was much, much more czar-like with much, much less to contribute.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Nobody posts on HR or HN. HR used to have an active wrestling forum but I don't think they even have that anymore

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

View attachment 71324

Just curious - does a view only (from a member that just casually reads, then leaves) or from a non-member lurker (we have lots of those) count in those view counts? If that's a "join to post" or "pay to post" site, it could impact the number of people posting vs the number of people only viewing.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I miss reading the deranged rants from "Kujawa Man". He was somewhat paranoid and very easy to intimidate. Like many Hoks.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The predicament has gone downhill too

There was a large wave of us that were active as our kids went through but tailed off when they were going into their junior years in HS roughly. The college board got some of the same treatment that the Iowa preps wrestling board got. One dude who has serious issues kept attacking the regulars and they got tired of it and left. When he realized that him trying to call them out by insulting them didn't work anymore, it just died.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
On a side note...Jon Miller quit Hawkeye Nation last December? Anyway, left to work in the oil industry

Unfortunate timing