The Fran fade

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
He was your second best 3 point shooter and he's a career 33% shooter. Why am I not surprised you think it's a good idea for him to be working on "33 footers" lol
He'd have been the 2nd best 3 point shooter on your team too I'd imagine.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Unless you're Tyrus McGee generally a 24+ foot shot is a bad one. Practicing "33 footers" so you can make 27 footers (I still laugh at that) is unheard of lol
Actually it's not. Lol how do you expect anyone to get better at something if they only work on the things they're the best at? You should practice every single situation because you never know when you might be in that situation to take that shot.

Larry Bird would always practice full court shots or half court shots after practice and when asked, he would say there is going to be a time when I need to shoot this shot so I should practice it. How do you think Steph Curry got so good at shooting those ridiculous shots? Pure luck? Nope, he practices those all the time.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Actually it's not. Lol how do you expect anyone to get better at something if they only work on the things they're the best at? You should practice every single situation because you never know when you might be in that situation to take that shot.

Larry Bird would always practice full court shots or half court shots after practice and when asked, he would say there is going to be a time when I need to shoot this shot so I should practice it. How do you think Steph Curry got so good at shooting those ridiculous shots? Pure luck? Nope, he practices those all the time.

When I think Luka Garza I think Steph Curry. I have always wondered how many game winner Curry has hit from the tunnel

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
When I think Luka Garza I think Steph Curry. I have always wondered how many game winner Curry has hit from the tunnel
Lol I wasn't talking about those shots I was talking about the ones that he hits from half court or the incredibly deep ones.

Either way, who cares that Luka is working on those shots. I do find it funny how they're trying to tell the public that those are 33 footers when you're right they're really not close to that at all.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Lol I wasn't talking about those shots I was talking about the ones that he hits from half court or the incredibly deep ones.

Either way, who cares that Luka is working on those shots. I do find it funny how they're trying to tell the public that those are 33 footers when you're right they're really not close to that at all.

I don't care about Luka working on 3s.

But I continue to maintain there is something really seedy about Frank Garza.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
That's one way to avoid the question
My answer is. Who the hell are any of us to say what he should be working on. He's done some amazing things already. If he can pull his defender out to 33 feet that's even better!

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don't care about Luka working on 3s.

But I continue to maintain there is something really seedy about Frank Garza.
Well he's the definition of a helicopter parent lol. Him being an ex-criminal also doesn't help his overall image.

CloneKing

Apr 5, 2020
Ankeny
Nothing like dropping your first post on a land mine here. Grew up a cyclone fan back in the day and still am. Got a couple kids at ISU right now currently thanks Covid-19 doing the online class thing. Read the last 5-6 pages of this thread and wowsers!! A couple really fickle hawk fans by the look of it.

I actually remember hearing about the Frank Garza saga back in the day. He kinda came off the as the typical "used car" type of salesman. Wonder why you don't hear anything about his wife? He just seems stuck on himself and Luka. I really thought he would have gotten a little longer time in the clink than he did. Someone posted about being a LaVar Ball type. Yeah, I can really see that. Trying to sell his son to the basketball world. We see where that got his son.... from the Lakers to the Pelicans. Any word on how the BBB shoes are doing?

Looking forward to playing in the CF backyard!!

Reactions: CyTwins

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Nothing like dropping your first post on a land mine here. Grew up a cyclone fan back in the day and still am. Got a couple kids at ISU right now currently thanks Covid-19 doing the online class thing. Read the last 5-6 pages of this thread and wowsers!! A couple really fickle hawk fans by the look of it.

I actually remember hearing about the Frank Garza saga back in the day. He kinda came off the as the typical "used car" type of salesman. Wonder why you don't hear anything about his wife? He just seems stuck on himself and Luka. I really thought he would have gotten a little longer time in the clink than he did. Someone posted about being a LaVar Ball type. Yeah, I can really see that. Trying to sell his son to the basketball world. We see where that got his son.... from the Lakers to the Pelicans. Any word on how the BBB shoes are doing?

Actually Lonzo is no longer with BBB and is on his own as far as his father being his handler, which has helped Lonzo significantly on and off the court. I'm sure he's incredibly happier now that his dad is not breathing down his neck.

I feel bad for all three of the Ball brothers. It's not their fault their dad is a babbling idiot who was riding their coattails. I give Lavar credit for their genetic abilities and his dedication to them getting better, but the dude is a cancer to their family and is an incredibly shady person.

I don't know Frank Garza at all, however just watching how he handles himself behind the bench, his past, and how he parades Luka, he shows a similar resemblance to Lavar.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
JFC. The saltiness is at such a high level with some of these guys.

They don’t call him “Douch”terman for nothing. Obi can run the floor. Dayton as a team had speed. Iowa has some Conner guy walking the ball up the court. Luka took lessons from some Nate guy on the football team. The bitterness continues.

Media people were probably told to say things like this otherwise Fran, Margs, and Frank would have pressed Barr’s to have their press credentials revoked.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

The only thing I've ever heard about his wife is she was the one that filed the missing person report on him when he was on the run

Last edited: