Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Between what work is "planning" for, some internet rumors (I know, cant trust the internet), and now plants having workers testing positive, dont be surprised if major shut downs happen

Well that's not fun.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Tonight was one of those nights on reddit that I should have walked away...but I am not a smart man and can't stand when people make broad generalities.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Potential shortage.

Im not trying to starr a panic, just connecting the dots to things I have heard. Wanting to make sure friends and family are prepared. You think there is a lot of panic now, what till peoples food is taken away.
We have not worried about hoarding for ourselves. Up until now, we've had what we need. We are now down to 5 rolls of TP, so we will need to replenish soon. I just don't understand why people are stocking up so much on TP!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We have not worried about hoarding for ourselves. Up until now, we've had what we need. We are now down to 5 rolls of TP, so we will need to replenish soon. I just don't understand why people are stocking up so much on TP!

Wife just ordered what she could on the internet. Set for around memorial day. So we now need to ration what we have until then. May need to count squares and start feeding cheese to the whole family to bind them up for a month. We always look when we go to places to see. Haven't bought any in close to four weeks I think. I think we can make a month.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Potential shortage.

Im not trying to starr a panic, just connecting the dots to things I have heard. Wanting to make sure friends and family are prepared. You think there is a lot of panic now, what till peoples food is taken away.

I wonder if the Eagle Grove plant that was just built could ramp up faster and take some of the slack.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Wife just ordered what she could on the internet. Set for around memorial day. So we now need to ration what we have until then. May need to count squares and start feeding cheese to the whole family to bind them up for a month. We always look when we go to places to see. Haven't bought any in close to four weeks I think. I think we can make a month.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
We had just bought a whole bunch of boxes of kleenex - allergy season is coming. I made Lew switch over to using cloth hankies so that we can use the kleenex to stretch out the TP if necessary.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013

When we were in Greece, you went into this unisex grotto, paid a coin to the attendent who handed you two squares of 1-ply, and then walked you to an empty stall and locked you in. Look to one side, the feet are pointing to the door. Look to the other side, feet are pointing at the toilet. Creep factor on VERY HIGH!!!

We learned very fast to take a pocket pack of kleenex every time we left the ship. :D

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
As far as I know thats like 90+% Prestige.

Not sure on who is providing, but they own it so that makes sense. They have a ways to go to be up to full production from what I heard, so was wondering if they could add a shift or something and push some more through.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
3vpcs8.jpg

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
We heard about the Columbus Junction plant closing on the news last night. Gonna head for Hy-Vee after work.

I'm in agreement with KC on the TP thing. If this was rampant dysentery, I'd understand. But.......????????????

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
They are supposed to put the new AC in today. They were also supposed to call me yesterday to tell me what time. Makes me think they aren't going to be here today. Not that I need the AC yet.

Maybe I'll make a Costco run later today and pick up some chicken. While it actually costs more for boneless skinless chicken breast, the fact that they sell it in those large packages made up of sealed packages makes it worth it. You just cut the packages apart and throw them in the freezer.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Any of you tech guru's in the RTT know anything about the security issues with zoom? My organization still has me using it to work remotely on my computer given to me by work. Should I be worried about my identity being stolen or something? That said if they stole it they would be sorely disappointed.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Not sure on who is providing, but they own it so that makes sense. They have a ways to go to be up to full production from what I heard, so was wondering if they could add a shift or something and push some more through.
Still have to have enough labor though.

Status
Not open for further replies.