The Fran fade

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Which way do you prefer? Prohms way doesn't seem to be working. Maybe at some point he catches lightning in a bottle and has an elite 8 team or something but that's a lot of losing in between.
LOL. Fran is closing in on 25 years as a D1 head coach without seeing the second weekend.

Reactions: Cytown12

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Chad with a week off
tumblr_mnh8enFRW61r2pz7go3_500.gifv

Reactions: CyTwins

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Your thoughts on both teams records before conference tourneys and then how each team does in the conference tournaments?
Without looking at the schedule I would guess Hawks around 23-8. Finish 3rd or 4th regular season get double bye in the BTT, win on Friday over Rutgers lose on Saturday to Mich St. Clones are tougher to gauge with wildcard being who comes in. I'll say 16-15. 7 seed. Win 1st game over KSU then lose to West Virginia/Baylor.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Without looking at the schedule I would guess Hawks around 23-8. Finish 3rd or 4th regular season get double bye in the BTT, win on Friday over Rutgers lose on Saturday to Mich St. Clones are tougher to gauge with wildcard being who comes in. I'll say 16-15. 7 seed. Win 1st game over KSU then lose to West Virginia/Baylor.
I can see Hawks having a similar season to last year. I have them 20-11 and one game win in BTT then losing second game.

I agree ISU is harder to gauge. I will give them one more win than you and go 17-14 then prohm saves himself by making it to the B12 championship game but loses a close one.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I can see Hawks having a similar season to last year. I have them 20-11 and one game win in BTT then losing second game.

I agree ISU is harder to gauge. I will give them one more win than you and go 17-14 then prohm saves himself by making it to the B12 championship game but loses a close one.
I can see both. I'm not overly confident in Fran handling rotation and a deeper bench. On paper the Hawks should be better but who knows. I don't think the BIG 10 is as good overall next year so they could benefit from that. Clones may rally around Prohm knowing he's probably coaching for his job. I honestly don't know much about how the rest of the Big 12 shapes up for next season.