Casting Couch: Best and Worst people casted

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
What about this scene?
arrowshot.gif

YES.

I grew up with this, which I just saw ranked #3 on RH movies on some list.

tenor.gif

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
Maggie G. was an awful choice. I have no idea what they were thinking when they casted her to replace Katie Holmes.
Agree x1000. She has that $hit eating grin on her face the whole movie. Maybe she was confused and thought she was playing the Joker?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I gave it a shot but couldn't get into it.

I get it, some things aren't everyone's cup of tea and I'm sure you probably have some shows or movies you think are great that I'd probably just say "meh" to.

On the same lines of that show Cole Hauser as Rip Wheeler has probably become the most popular character on the show and while Costner gets the top billing the biggest fans of the show are probably due to Hauser's character. There is a Yellowstone thread somewhere on CF and someone in there once quoted "we all could use a Rip Wheeler in our lives." The whole cast is really talented and I am just itching for season 3 to start in mid June.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Penny Hardaway and Shaq were cast well in Blue Chips

Nick Nolte was basically Bobby Knight in that movie and Bobby even had a cameo when they played Indiana. Shaq and Penny though left a lot to be desired acting wise but still a good movie overall

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
The movie totally sucks. But I love it, and if it's on, I watch the crap out of it. And sadly it's hardly ever on. Instead they have that one from about 2010, and that's not even interesting.

You're right on all points of the cast, Bryan Adams, etc. It was a blockbuster but a love story, or comedy, but had some really dark situations too, and that iconic bad*** flaming arrow shot...

We throw darts a lot and if a dart tip hits a flight we always say that we "Robin Hooded" that shot and sometimes my wife will blow in my ear while throwing or vice versa and we will say, "what are you Robin Hooding me?"

Yeah, that super awesome movie really did suck. So bad it's good.

giphy.gif

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Nick Nolte was basically Bobby Knight in that movie and Bobby even had a cameo when they played Indiana. Shaq and Penny though left a lot to be desired acting wise but still a good movie overall

rumor is
Bobby Knight was actually getting posted iff at the refs during the game he coached in that movie and was yelling at his players for real.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Good:
Hugh Jackman - Wolverine
Christian Bale - Ken Miles
Harrison Ford - Indiana Jones
Danny Devito - the Lorax
Matt Damon - Will Hunting
Kathy Bates - Annie (Misery)

Bad:
Halle Berry - Storm
Hayden Christensen - Darth Vader

Reactions: JBone84

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I agree he’s not very good in most movies but he was good as O’Bannion in Dazed and confused and was also good in Good Will Hunting
My favorite Affleck role is the a**hole who works at fashionable male Shannon Hamilton.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron