Casting Couch: Best and Worst people casted

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
Nailed It!
Gal Gabot as Wonder Woman
Patrick Stewart as Jean Luc Picard (We've been binging TNG during lockdown)

(Sarcastic) Nailed It?
Kristen Stewart almost anything, always looks like she is trying to remember her lines.
Kevin Costner as Robin Hood, starts with British accent loses it 5 mins in.

Reactions: BoxsterCy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
His acting was fine - it was just head-scratching that they did not cast an actor who could demonstrate an adequate English accent. BTW, I watched this with my dad - on the day that I had purchased my very first NEW vehicle (a red Ford Probe LX). I had a hard time staying focused on the movie as my feelings fluctuated between excitement and dread (over the fact that I had an additional debt to pay off each month).

Costner was a pretty big draw at that time I think. The failed English accent after about the first 5 minutes of the movie is what makes it classic. Add in that Christian Slater has a pretty perfect early 90s haircut, the wind chimed hook of 'Everything I do' throughout and a movie that's....action? dark comedy? and it's badly great.

Alan Rickman was actually perfect as the sheriff.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

Yes! Plus a Brian Adam's love song! An amazingly great bad movie!

tumblr_mbub0abwhd1r4dyzwo1_500.gif

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Randy Quiad as cousin Eddy, Bill Murray in Caddyshack, and Sean William Scott as Stiffler in the American Pie movies come to mind.

I like Kevin Costner in a lot of movies but Bull Durham may be one of his best fits. I know it's not a movie but Costner is really damn good in the TV show Yellowstone right now. Anyone who has not watched the first 2 seasons of that show ought to be binge watching it right now because they are missing out

Reactions: WalkingCY

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
OK, I'm gonna say the role of Jack Reacher should have gone to the Rock, not Tom Cruise. The book version of Reacher is that he's a huge dude that dwarfs everyone and nobody wants to mess with. Not sure how they got Tom Cruise out of that description, but oh well.

Tom’s at least 5’ 5” and tough as nails.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Randy Quiad as cousin Eddy, Bill Murray in Caddyshack, and Sean William Scott as Stiffler in the American Pie movies come to mind.

I like Kevin Costner in a lot of movies but Bull Durham may be one of his best fits. I know it's not a movie but Costner is really damn good in the TV show Yellowstone right now. Anyone who has not watched the first 2 seasons of that show ought to be binge watching it right now because they are missing out

I gave it a shot but couldn't get into it.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
Costner was a pretty big draw at that time I think. The failed English accent after about the first 5 minutes of the movie is what makes it classic. Add in that Christian Slater has a pretty perfect early 90s haircut, the wind chimed hook of 'Everything I do' throughout and a movie that's....action? dark comedy? and it's badly great.

Winner. This was the pinnacle of 90's crap. People can dog on it all they want, but it was huge at the time. Huge. Of course I went to it, but everyone went to it. Christain Slater was in flames at the time and Costner was somehow the biggest. A Connery appearance was big at the time, as he wouldn't ruin any credibility he ever had for another 5 years by filming The Rock.

2nd grossing film of the year after T2.

That wind chimed hook went #1 in 16 countries and was the Billboard #1 song of the year. Jesus, Bryan Adams was huge in the 80's and early 90's and everyone wants to act like it never happened. Our little friend from the North could do no wrong.

I personally think it kind of sucks, but I like it and have watched it a million times, especially when it was a somewhat newer release on HBO.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Chris Hemsworth as Thor is a good choice. Especially when Marvel ditched the long hair look.

That’s a good one. I can’t imagine anyone else playing him. The other one Id say is Pratt as Starlord.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Winner. This was the pinnacle of 90's crap. People can dog on it all they want, but it was huge at the time. Huge. Of course I went to it, but everyone went to it. Christain Slater was in flames at the time and Costner was somehow the biggest. A Connery appearance was big at the time, as he wouldn't ruin any credibility he ever had for another 5 years by filming The Rock.

2nd grossing film of the year after T2.

That wind chimed hook went #1 in 16 countries and was the Billboard #1 song of the year. Jesus, Bryan Adams was huge in the 80's and early 90's and everyone wants to act like it never happened. Our little friend from the North could do no wrong.

I personally think it kind of sucks, but I like it and have watched it a million times, especially when it was a somewhat newer release on HBO.

The movie totally sucks. But I love it, and if it's on, I watch the crap out of it. And sadly it's hardly ever on. Instead they have that one from about 2010, and that's not even interesting.

You're right on all points of the cast, Bryan Adams, etc. It was a blockbuster but a love story, or comedy, but had some really dark situations too, and that iconic bad*** flaming arrow shot...

Reactions: Angie and Macloney

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Leslie Nielsen in the Police Squad films/TV Series. Perfect!
Agree. Favorite movie of all time.

If they ever try to reboot it, the only option for the role is Ryan Gosling.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
The movie totally sucks. But I love it, and if it's on, I watch the crap out of it. And sadly it's hardly ever on. Instead they have that one from about 2010, and that's not even interesting.

You're right on all points of the cast, Bryan Adams, etc. It was a blockbuster but a love story, or comedy, but had some really dark situations too, and that iconic bad*** flaming arrow shot...

What about this scene?
arrowshot.gif

Reactions: Angie and Macloney