The Fran fade

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Ya. Pretty stupid to go after JW. I suppose in his mind if JW had played better and the team won a few more games he would've had a better chance. You never should put that on 1 player even if you think it. pretty classless

Really I think Joe's significant regression is on Fran

Reactions: Cytown12

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
why does it have to be somebodies fault? He had a rough last month of the season. He has plenty of good basketball ahead of him.

So it wasn't Prohm's fault Iowa State had a rough year? I mean why does it have to be anybody's fault?

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
So it wasn't Prohm's fault Iowa State had a rough year? I mean why does it have to be anybody's fault?
You're talking about not being very good vs an individual player in a slump. Joe Wieskamp is a good player that didn't change while the Clones were just bad from start to finish.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You're talking about not being very good vs an individual player in a slump. Joe Wieskamp is a good player that didn't change while the Clones were just bad from start to finish.

So it was nobody's fault on either team? Nobody should be blamed. Got it!

Last edited:

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Dang, you are a couple sandwiches short of a picnic yet again!! You can honestly say he didn't change, while his stats show just the opposite? Your intelligence is overwhelming!!

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So it was nobody's fault on either team? Nobody should be blsm. Got it!
Stop it lol. It wasn't Prohm's fault in each game we lost individually. On a macro level the blame is on him though due to the roster situation.

It's not Fran's fault Joe was getting guarded well and Joe couldn't handle the pressure. That's on Joe himself. Joe has to get quicker, faster and stronger this off season.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
So it was nobody's fault on either team? Nobody should be blsm. Got it!
I didn't say that. Let me spell it out for you........Your team sucked this year from start to finish. That's on the coach. JW played well for the majority of the year then was in a 5-6 game slump. Slumps happen is sports all of the time. You just ride it out. If JW comes back and has a terrible season from start to finish then it might be time to wonder what the hell happened to him. I don't think that will happen. Joe will be fine.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Stop it lol. It wasn't Prohm's fault in each game we lost individually. On a macro level the blame is on him though due to the roster situation.

It's not Fran's fault Joe was getting guarded well and Joe couldn't handle the pressure. That's on Joe himself. Joe has to get quicker, faster and stronger this off season.

I can get on board with it being Joe's fault he regressed. I've heard he's not a gym rat by any means

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I didn't say that. Let me spell it out for you........Your team sucked this year from start to finish. That's on the coach. JW played well for the majority of the year then was in a 5-6 game slump. Slumps happen is sports all of the time. You just ride it out. If JW comes back and has a terrible season from start to finish then it might be time to wonder what the hell happened to him. I don't think that will happen. Joe will be fine.

Joe was good besides 5 games? Lol! His advanced numbers were down across the board. That's not because of 5 games

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I can get on board with it being Joe's fault he regressed. I've heard he's not a gym rat by any means
If you go through a slump, it's your fault. It happens, but it's your fault. Who else can you blame it on? Lol

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
You're being obtuse. He was 3rd team all BIG 10. Does he have room for improvement? absolutely. My opinion is that he needs to get stronger. He's good and you'd be lucky to have a JW on your roster.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You're being obtuse. He was 3rd team all BIG 10. Does he have room for improvement? absolutely. My opinion is that he needs to get stronger. He's good and you'd be lucky to have a JW on your roster.

He regressed. That's not an opinion. He didn't put in the work and it showed. If you want to say that's not on him and it's nobody's fault he regressed I can't help you

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
If you go through a slump, it's your fault. It happens, but it's your fault. Who else can you blame it on? Lol
Fair enough. He has to learn to play thru it. Maybe he still would have this year? We'll never know. I think he'll be fine next season.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Fair enough. He has to learn to play thru it. Maybe he still would have this year? We'll never know. I think he'll be fine next season.
You're right we will never know. Shooting is like hitting in baseball. Sometimes it takes one game to get back into the swing of things. Joe might've had one good game and been normal again.