****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
We’re not that far off, at least as much as our resounding defeats suggest. That’s a good/bad thing.

Add a competent perimeter starter this spring and get the guys to have the fortitude to play with consistent discipline, and our record will greatly improve. That can happen in one offseason, even under a staff that has previously disappointed! Maybe we can get Tim Floyd to run training camp?

That’s your big question for the offseason. What staff changes is prohm going to make.

I saw a clip of him talking about how loyal he is to his people. He said he may be too loyal. That explains a lot about why he is slow to make changes.

he’s going to have to get over that if he is going to survive here.

• Agree
Reactions: WhoISthis

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
That’s your big question for the offseason. What staff changes is prohm going to make.

I saw a clip of him talking about how loyal he is to his people. He said he may be too loyal. That explains a lot about why he is slow to make changes.

he’s going to have to get over that if he is going to survive here.
Very true.
Guys may leave on their own, at which point it may be tough to get proven coaching assets?

The staff hasn’t done a good job, but Prohm could easily still have a lot of success here. It’s college basketball! One key assistant hire and/or player, and things change quickly. That said, that change may be more likely with a new HC if Prohm doesn’t want to change.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Quick update on JuCo PG El Ellis, no mention of ISU but he is holding of on visits so he could be a later option once we see how the roster is filling out.

https://stockrisers.com/2020/02/09/juco-el-ellis-talks-his-recruitment-early-season-success/

"He already holds offers from Texas A&M, Ole Miss, DePaul, East Carolina, and many others.

In addition, he’s garnered recent interest from several high-major programs and I expect that to expand as the season and summer flows on.

“I’m hearing from New Mexico, Tulsa, UCF, Temple, MTSU, Penn State, LSU, Nebraska,” he said. I expect him to hold off on visits for the next few months as he’s working on having a good rest of the season.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Quick update on JuCo PG El Ellis, no mention of ISU but he is holding of on visits so he could be a later option once we see how the roster is filling out.

https://stockrisers.com/2020/02/09/juco-el-ellis-talks-his-recruitment-early-season-success/

"He already holds offers from Texas A&M, Ole Miss, DePaul, East Carolina, and many others.

In addition, he’s garnered recent interest from several high-major programs and I expect that to expand as the season and summer flows on.

“I’m hearing from New Mexico, Tulsa, UCF, Temple, MTSU, Penn State, LSU, Nebraska,” he said. I expect him to hold off on visits for the next few months as he’s working on having a good rest of the season.
Has Iowa State even been linked to him?

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
We also lost Tyrese -- so Bolton went from probably drawing the second-best defender on the other team to drawing the best one, which never helps.

But you are right that our strategy on offense seems to be pound it in for Solomon.

That strategy works pretty well when they can hold to it. Seems like they forget for stretches, a lead develops, and then it's a free for all until they settle down again.

This response seemed relevant today.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I know CW basically already shot down the rumor that Blackwell wasn’t going to make it to Iowa State but Dudley posted a photo on his Instagram story of Hilton and it was captioned, “Can’t wait to have this place rocking.” I know it’s nothing major but it’s good to see him still excited to come to Iowa State. I know I had been slightly worried about losing him because of those rumors.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I know CW basically already shot down the rumor that Blackwell wasn’t going to make it to Iowa State but Dudley posted a photo on his Instagram story of Hilton and it was captioned, “Can’t wait to have this place rocking.” I know it’s nothing major but it’s good to see him still excited to come to Iowa State. I know I had been slightly worried about losing him because of those rumors.

Thanks for bringing that up... I also have a .5 second hesitation mentioning his role next year due to the rumors a few months ago with him making it to campus this fall. Seems like that notion has passed and Dudley is ready to be a Cyclone still.
While it is hard to rely on a freshman to come in day one and contribute Dudley's size skill and motor give him a very good chance to see the court early.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Who is on the wish list that we are linked to now that the season is over? Sorry I haven’t kept up with the thread.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
My uninformed opinion is either jucos or immediately eligible transfers, as we need immediate help and don't want to overload with freshmen.

Really think Bryce was looking more for names but I want to thank you for explaining why your response was worthless.

The only acceptable generic answer is best available.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
RayQuawndis Mitchell 6'6 200 Pound JUCO PG
With as many spots as we have opening, he is a must get!
He fits the needs on many levels. If he is a late bloomer, he could be a big time get! Even if he’s just a guy that struggled at Idaho as a freshman, he’ll now be an older guard to team with our young guys!

Reactions: Halincandenza

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
New late target. (transfer thread too, but not technically a transfer)

@jeffborzello Former Wichita State signee JaDun Michael, who decommitted today, has heard from Cincinnati, Penn State, Iowa State, Virginia Tech, Alabama, Boston College and Tulsa.

@JustinByerly Ja’Dun Michael becomes one of the more sought after recruits in the country with him opening his recruitmemt back up from Wichita State. Expect some ACC/SEC schools to get involved.
https://247sports.com/player/jadun-michael-46093898/

https://stockrisers.com/2020/03/31/...s-from-wichita-state-hearing-from-10-schools/

Last edited:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
New late target. (transfer thread too, but not technically a transfer)

@jeffborzello Former Wichita State signee JaDun Michael, who decommitted today, has heard from Cincinnati, Penn State, Iowa State, Virginia Tech, Alabama, Boston College and Tulsa.

@JustinByerly Ja’Dun Michael becomes one of the more sought after recruits in the country with him opening his recruitmemt back up from Wichita State. Expect some ACC/SEC schools to get involved.
https://247sports.com/player/jadun-michael-46093898/

Interesting.

What in the hell is going on at Wichita though?