What Will You Spend Your $1,000 Stimulus On?

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
I won't spend any of it. I'm basically just buying food and paying my monthly nut and that won't change. WTF would I buy? I did order a few pairs of sunglasses on eBay because mine disappeared over the winter but that was pre-stimulus funds.

Great time to invest some of it.

• Agree
Reactions: mramseyISU

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Great time to invest some of it.
It's $1,000. I'll just keep that on hand since I'm less "liquid" than I probably should be, anyway. My investement money is already in play. There are certainly buying opportunities. Yesterday would have been a good day for that. Gonna get a baby bounce today.

Reactions: jdcyclone19

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I won't spend any of it. I'm basically just buying food and paying my monthly nut and that won't change. WTF would I buy? I did order a few pairs of sunglasses on eBay because mine disappeared over the winter but that was pre-stimulus funds.
I had the same question on what to spend it on as I am still getting my normal paycheck at this point.

My initial inclination would be to put it towards my mortgage or add it to my emergency fund/buy low in the market. My problem with that was it wouldn’t really be doing anything to stimulate the economy. I’ve kind of decided that I will probably spend it somewhat frivolously on stuff is like instead of my normal well thought out plan.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
It's $1,000. I'll just keep that on hand since I'm less "liquid" than I probably should be, anyway. My investement money is already in play. There are certainly buying opportunities. Yesterday would have been a good day for that. Gonna get a baby bounce today.

It could be 1,000, 1,200, 1,500, or 2,000 based on most recent reports lol. Between my wife and I we will probably put some of it in her roth IRA, since she owns her own small business and the rest will be put in savings. Might as well try and make some money on that money to try and offset the taxes that we will most likely have to pay on it next year. We're trying to set up a baby room as well, with all thats going on, we'll probably buy more new stuff now than used like we were originally planning.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
It could be 1,000, 1,200, 1,500, or 2,000 based on most recent reports lol. Between my wife and I we will probably put some of it in her roth IRA, since she owns her own small business and the rest will be put in savings. Might as well try and make some money on that money to try and offset the taxes that we will most likely have to pay on it next year. We're trying to set up a baby room as well, with all thats going on, we'll probably buy more new stuff now than used like we were originally planning.
Normally my answer would be Hookers and blow but both come with health repercussions, beyond the norm, during this crisis.

ChE2010

Mar 3, 2013
Yeah but you could be helping an out of work stripper who is feeling the pain of the shutdowns this time. Won't someone think of the strippers?

Portland is. They apparently have some strippers that are delivering food while topless. Calling it Boober Eats

• Funny
Reactions: alarson

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa
Saw it in earlier drafts, but in the final draft, did they take out he provision that airlines that get assistance have to fully offset their annual carbon emissions by 2025? (sorry for the format, but I copied the text from a link in an earlier post)

"24

the enactment of this Act, the Administrator of the

Federal Aviation Administration shall require each

air carrier receiving assistance under section 101, to"

"G:\M\16\MISC\COVIDSUPP3.XML

fully offset the annual carbon emissions of such air

carriers for domestic flights beginning in 2025."

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Looks like a one time payment of 1,200 for those that make less than 75k. I wonder what happened to the potential of two rounds of payments for those who are really in need.