Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Mom nature getting in some practice for when it is nicer outside in May when I'll want to go biking. Wind = SE 22 G 36 mph.

Well, that's assuming I am allowed to bike. Still hoping spaced out outdoor stuff will still be okay. #GeorgeThorogoodBiking #Ibikealone

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
The GF is trying to show her mom Facebook messenger video so she can connect with the grandkids. Its almost to the point where this is all above her mom's knowledge.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Getting ready for the smoker stall. My excitement for the day. Going to try to make a plain loaf of bread also.

Need to clean out the sons dorm room. Trying to decide the best time and day to do that.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
The GF is trying to show her mom Facebook messenger video so she can connect with the grandkids. Its almost to the point where this is all above her mom's knowledge.

Are the phones broke? Why make this so hard give them a call,only time that won't work is if they are infants.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So do you send him down an hour early so he has time to dump all the stuff parents shouldn't find?
It would be just me and him. Have to reloft a bed and do a couple things, then load out and hit the road, if we take the suburban. We are probably the most detailed when it comes to hand washing and keeping distance of the ones in our family so it would also be the safest of the batch also.

He is smart enough to have done that already. I told him when he came home to grab what he needed incase he had to have a couple of weeks of online classes, so should be prepared.

Reactions: NWICY

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Even if it doesn't turn out, your house will smell great!

We categorized the meat in our freezer and are going through the oldest that's in there. Tonight it's ribeyes. Later this week (after a few days in the fridge thawing out) I'll be roasting a turkey. :D
The jerky came out pretty good I thought, especially for a first attempt done on a whim. Too bad that 2 lb eye round dried down to about 13-14 ozs. I tried half with just the marinade and half with a dusting of cracked pepper and garlic powder. Both came out good. The pepper and garlic powder was good. Never really smelled anything in the house.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Got caught up on The Walking Dead this morning. Barely 3pm and I guess I should go take a walk. Better than just sitting and I only have a little over 10,000 steps today. Anymore I try to get 15,000

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
The jerky came out pretty good I thought, especially for a first attempt done on a whim. Too bad that 2 lb eye round dried down to about 13-14 ozs. I tried half with just the marinade and half with a dusting of cracked pepper and garlic powder. Both came out good. The pepper and garlic powder was good. Never really smelled anything in the house.
Can you post a picture? I'm curious to the texture. I might try this.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Tried to figure out how many teaspoons/tablespoons of dry yeast are in an ounce. I think I'm a little light. Bread not raising very well.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Well, truthfully FB doesn't make anything intuitive. Did use FB messenger video option to have a 30 minute dinner "gathering" with my friends who I periodically dine with. And, yeah, kinda had to talk them though it just like I did with video calling on Verizon. Truthfully, I had not used either until this last week, really wasn't a compelling need for me. At least the FB thingie works across platforms and such.

Also got a nice surprise early afternoon, a call from friend who is in a dementia care facility. Was like old times talking with him. He's mostly his old self during the morning and most of the day. Kinda made my day.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Snow? Really? It’s, um, well, it’s still March. NM...

Snowed a little here last night but melted. Did make me think about my snow tires. I usually go in around Easter to get them switched to summer tires. Not sure the dealership will even be doing that. I do have a floor jack and could mess with that but I am not very schooled in aluminum wheels (of even getting these off...not like I got power tools for that, just whatever is in the trunk). On the other hand, ain't going anywhere so really no warm weather wear and tear on the snow tires.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Snowed a little here last night but melted. Did make me think about my snow tires. I usually go in around Easter to get them switched to summer tires. Not sure the dealership will even be doing that. I do have a floor jack and could mess with that but I am not very schooled in aluminum wheels (of even getting these off...not like I got power tools for that, just whatever is in the trunk). On the other hand, ain't going anywhere so really no warm weather wear and tear on the snow tires.
We did have enough to cover the ground a few days ago, but the sun cane out and melted it. Today the temp was on the way up in the morning. Now cloudy and 32.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
One chunk of meat off, stuck the probe in the other and still needs another 15-20 degrees. One is now resting. Bread is slow and going to be a poor first attempt at plain bread. No idea what I will make tomorrow. Wife wants brisket sometime, guessing that will be a tuesday/wednesday thing. Would need to hit the store for that also though.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
We did have enough to cover the ground a few days ago, but the sun cane out and melted it. Today the temp was on the way up in the morning. Now cloudy and 32.
Had smoked gator at the Fat Tuesday fundraiser. Good stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.