Ways to help the overwhelmed medical field

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
The State of Minnesota I believe is stepping in to help foot the bill for emergency personnel to get child care. Problem is the centers for the most part already operate at near capacity limits so they don't have a lot of excess to bring in the kids who should be going to school and can't.

I thought that elementary schools were going to be activated as pseudo-daycares for emergency personnel in MN with teachers being the care providers.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I thought that elementary schools were going to be activated as pseudo-daycares for emergency personnel in MN with teachers being the care providers.
My kid isn't old enough yet so I don't know how it's working. I just know from talking to my daycare clients parents are scrambling and it's a big ol CF.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Donate blood
It's amazing how many Americans don't donate blood.

Ever know someone get cancer, have a surgery, have a baby, get in a car accident? Oh you have? ******* donate blood.

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
I work with a couple daycare centers. Most places already struggle to fill their positions for the "normal" hours let alone going additional hours.

The State of Minnesota I believe is stepping in to help foot the bill for emergency personnel to get child care. Problem is the centers for the most part already operate at near capacity limits so they don't have a lot of excess to bring in the kids who should be going to school and can't.

I think (but could be wrong) that Mayo has converted some of their space into daycare space for employee's children to try and keep them working without having to worry about daycare. Problem in my mind is those front line people are the most likely to spread it and once one of those kids gets it it'll go through the rest like wildfire.
There's a ton of red tape an regulations involved when a business attempts to set up an in house daycare for their employees. Government needs to help instead of hinder companies that try to do this.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
There's a ton of red tape an regulations involved when a business attempts to set up an in house daycare for their employees. Government needs to help instead of hinder companies that try to do this.

I question using the schools. Nice to let them clear out and be thoroughly disinfected. Maybe use a couple rooms that they can section off for a couple weeks after that use to avoid those issues.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Mayo has daycares already. This isn't some new market they're going to price gouge everyone with.