Iowa Football Recruiting

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Those schools don't extend as many offers as Nebraska, Minnesota and ISU. It was just an observation that when looking a recruiting site like 247, Iowa State, Minnesota and Nebraska show up on a lot of kids recruiting pages.

You will need to change your avatar. I told you my connection with the Packers said he wasn't coming back this time around. With Thompson gone, Bulagas safety net was gone. That is what held him there last time.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I'm guessing Kevin Kasper. Who was the last ISU receiver to catch a pass in the league before Lazard?

I was honestly curious with my question, but when you have to come back with the “oh yeah well who was second to last person” it’s not a good look lol.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
What's your feeling on him?
I'm hearing Iowa. Whilst twins trolled hard, Iowa doesn't have a rich history with super successful WR's let alone none getting drafted recently that I can recall. Not saying Iowa State is some super power in this department, but recency bias may play a factor when you look at Lazard, Butler, and alot of other receivers having great success

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I'm hearing Iowa. Whilst twins trolled hard, Iowa doesn't have a rich history with super successful WR's let alone none getting drafted recently that I can recall. Not saying Iowa State is some super power in this department, but recency bias may play a factor when you look at Lazard, Butler, and alot of other receivers having great success

Butler's had great success?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah I thought they were talking about production in the NFL.
Well Butler's ability to make much of making an impact his first year just went down a ton with Hopkins now signing there and Fitzgerald still holding onto his position. I have no idea if Hakeem will end up doing anything in Arizona but I do think he'll make a splash when he's finally healthy and given an opportunity, just like Lazard did.

I have no idea where this kid is going to go, but if I had to choose I'd guess Iowa because he plays a position that will most likely be up for grabs in the coming years. Iowa State uses their WR's much more, but we also are incredibly deep at that position and have recruited it very well as of late. He's going to have a tough time coming in and seeing much playing time. I'd certainly love to have him though and see what he can do!

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

Help Support Us

Become a patron