Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Chore for today was sorting through the stuff in the freezers. We have one elderly upright & one elderly side by side fridge/freezer in the garage, and our regular side by side fridge/freezer indoors. Categorized and (wait for it, @cowgirl836) made an Excel file listing items & expiry dates. So now we know what we have on hand, and have an idea of how to space it out some.

Lew was one of ten kids on a farm, so his grocery shopping still reflects the possibility of being snowed in with that many mouths to feed. We tend to buy bulk & on sale, so we're mostly well stocked already with the exception of perishables. If we go to a more severe lock-down we should be okay for a minimum of several weeks with the exception of milk and maybe eggs.
As long as we have electricity I would be okay for a few weeks. I have been eating lots of stir fry so I have bags of the frozen stir fry vegetables in the freezer. I make my own stir fry sauce, which I also use as a marinade, so I have a decent amount of those ingredients at home. Plus pasta, rice, canned vegetables and V8, for bloody marys, there's no reason to live like an animal.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Ok, this is my living hell how I over analyze too much and know too much stupid trivial bits of information. I always wash my hands after using the restroom. Do I need to wash them before also? If I touch the door or something just before going that is contaminated, and knowing that the groin area is one of the top absorbing areas on the body, shouldn’t I be washing so I don’t give myself corona through my junk?

Or do I just not touch and let it fly where it may? Doesn’t seem right to be peeing on whatever I hit because I don’t want to touch and aim. Should I be washing after AND before?

Where’s the damn mailbag when I need it?

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
As long as we have electricity I would be okay for a few weeks. I have been eating lots of stir fry so I have bags of the frozen stir fry vegetables in the freezer. I make my own stir fry sauce, which I also use as a marinade, so I have a decent amount of those ingredients at home. Plus pasta, rice, canned vegetables and V8, for bloody marys, there's no reason to live like an animal.
We were joking about eventually getting down to squirrels in the back woods, and I mentioned that our deer population has increased over the last couple of years, but when Lew mentioned cats, I had to draw the line! :D

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Ok, this is my living hell how I over analyze too much and know too much stupid trivial bits of information. I always wash my hands after using the restroom. Do I need to wash them before also? If I touch the door or something just before going that is contaminated, and knowing that the groin area is one of the top absorbing areas on the body, shouldn’t I be washing so I don’t give myself corona through my junk?

Or do I just not touch and let it fly where it may? Doesn’t seem right to be peeing on whatever I hit because I don’t want to touch and aim. Should I be washing after AND before?

Where’s the damn mailbag when I need it?

This is why I've always thought hand sanitizer should be in stalls in public restrooms.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Glad I’m not in the dating world anymore, although I have a killer pickup line;” I have 2,480 caseys points. That’s almost like ten bucks.”

I’m positive the ladies would be mine after that juicy info.

I figure it’s better than I have 1329 alerts. Because I’m ashamed that I can’t clear them anymore even though I really want to.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Glad I’m not in the dating world anymore, although I have a killer pickup line;” I have 2,480 caseys points. That’s almost like ten bucks.”

I’m positive the ladies would be mine after that juicy info.

I figure it’s better than I have 1329 alerts. Because I’m ashamed that I can’t clear them anymore even though I really want to.
I'm just gonna take a picture of a roll of toilet paper and say there's more where that came from.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm just gonna take a picture of a roll of toilet paper and say there's more where that came from.
Just a heads up. I know a guy while in college that didn’t have time to get to the store to get TP so he lifted a roll off The library. Heard it’s not an easy thing to do.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Wait where is this fave recipe? Store was out of bread Sunday told dh to get more yeast....that was gone too!
It's a riff off of one that came with my bread machine. I goofed once, and we found that we liked it best. The top pic is the model I have; I don't know how it would translate to other bread machines. The second is the recipe, taped to the machine so it's always handy! Note that the water should be lukewarm, and the 3 cups flour is actually 2 C white flour, 1 C whole wheat flour. Takes five minutes to put together (in the order listed, making a pocket in the flour for the yeast), and 57 minutes in my machine (knead, rise, bake). The top line of the recipe is the setting on my machine.

90509584_10223624659223850_1584312632611962880_n.jpg

90295137_10223624659583859_5481569478875545600_n.jpg

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Stumbled across this looking for a video. It left me speechless. Why? And who would post this if themselves. I was more interested in what show was on TV after about 30 seconds. I did get a good laugh.

Maybe this is what people are doing while sitting at home......

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Posted in the I'm Fat thread but some cheap at home yoga if anyone wants it.

https://www.downdogapp.com/web

Two sites I have used exclusively for 5+ years now are fitnessblender.com and Bodyfit by Amy (hers are on YouTube). Fitness Blender is a husband and wife team who are both trainers. You can search their videos by length, what you want to work (upper body, lower body, etc), type of workout (HIIT, cardio, yoga), whether you want the male or female trainer to be leading the video, and by equipment you have. All their videos are free. You can purchase curated programs where they combine workouts for you, and once you purchase a program you can do it over and over. I just read where they are discounting their programs right now. At home I only have free weights and a kettlebell. I do have a knock-off TRX system that I bought last year and we haven’t installed yet.

This summer when I lost weight I would walk almost daily and then exclusively did kettlebell workouts. I have managed to maintain since about October. Hubby lost 65lbs through mostly diet, but he did buy a NoricTrack indoor bike and uses that quite a bit. I also use it as does our oldest. I am trying to walk again when the weather is nice and have gone back to kettlebell workouts because they are my fave,

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Stumbled across this looking for a video. It left me speechless. Why? And who would post this if themselves. I was more interested in what show was on TV after about 30 seconds. I did get a good laugh.

Maybe this is what people are doing while sitting at home......

I bet if you found her Instagram there would be like 10,000 selfies with those stupid dog/cat/bunny filter things.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I'm trying to understand the wife's logic. I just closed the garage door because it's 35 degrees out and the garage has a 7000 watt heater trying to heat the space and apparently the outside. 3 minutes later she goes out and opens the door, drives a vehicle in (while leaving the inside door open) and then just leaving the garage door open again. So now the house is freezing and the garage heater is just burning electricity because it is ice cold. Worst part is my work coats, boats and hats are all in the garage and I need to heat out and do a couple things. Feet are going to be freezing.

Drives me nuts.

The vixen is the champion at going into a room, turning on the light, doing what she needs to do, and then leaving. With the light still on.

I go in and turn them off, and she says, "I was going back in there, eventually."

<face palm>

• Agree
Reactions: wxman1 and BCClone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron