What Will You Spend Your $1,000 Stimulus On?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If anything this is why they need it to go more than just one payment. If people think it is just one time they'll sock it away. If its ongoing for a few months\the duration of this they'll use it.

Depends if they are laid off? If they aren't working I would suspect it will get spend as slowly as possible to pay for necessities.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
When all is said and done, I predict the national debt will nearly double from all the subsidies that will get dolled out. That is no calculation gut estimation by the way.

If it does, it does.

The scale of this problem is absolutely massive. If we did nothing, the deaths could be in the millions, as shown by some models, and even if we do, the death toll could still be large. Given that threat, a response on that scale- which would basically be on a "WW2-level" response, isnt inappropriate. A total mobilization of our resources- and if we want to worry about paying for it, look to the brackets we had back then, particularly at the top end.

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
It it turns out to be a no-strings-attached economic stimulus check, mine will probably likely headed right back to the government in the form of a student loan payment. Have to take advantage of that temporary interest freeze.

Agkistrodon

Feb 14, 2009
Since they're also suspending interest on federal student loans, I'll probably give it right back to the government to accelerate the process of getting out of debt.

Reactions: DurangoCy

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Buy an expensive Italian couch for our living room. Wait a second....we did that already back in January. It was on back-order & they told us we wouldn't get it until March. With what's going on overseas, that still may hold true - but it will be March 2022.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Buy an expensive Italian couch for our living room. Wait a second....we did that already back in January. It was on back-order & they told us we wouldn't get it until March. With what's going on overseas, that still may hold true - but it will be March 2022.

So.....maybe spend it on disinfectant for the couch?