What Will You Spend Your $1,000 Stimulus On?

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
When all is said and done, I predict the national debt will nearly double from all the subsidies that will get dolled out. That is no calculation gut estimation by the way.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Hopefully everyone will use it on their season tickets unless you are like me and have already bought them.

Reactions: cyfan21

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
This makes the most sense to me. Make much more than that and you will just put it into savings or hit your mortgage. Both things the gov't does not want done. They want this money going to restaurants and retail.

we make more than 100k as a family but with mortgage and daycare, and income up in the air don't think just because someone makes over 100k that it won't benefit them.

wasn't the original point of the idea to save administration costs but giving it to everyone and not spending the staff time to wade through AGI and whatnot

• Winner
Reactions: Cyfan1965 and 06_CY

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Is this going to end like the Bush Jr. $600 check that then went against any tax rebate a person got later in the year?

I have always thought under the Obama stimulus package we would have been better off giving each tax payer $50,000 and then tell them that they have to spend it by the end of the year or return any unspent portion. The money had to go to the purchase of a new American made vehicle, helps the auto industry, or any work on your home, helps out the housing industry.
Instead we gave half the package to the banks, and very little filtered down to the average America.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Not much we can do...everything is closed. We'll probably just throw it in our bank account.

Reactions: BCClone

Colorado

Aug 29, 2008
Colorado
giphy.gif

Reactions: mj4cy and DurangoCy

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
This makes the most sense to me. Make much more than that and you will just put it into savings or hit your mortgage. Both things the gov't does not want done. They want this money going to restaurants and retail.

If anything this is why they need it to go more than just one payment. If people think it is just one time they'll sock it away. If its ongoing for a few months\the duration of this they'll use it.

• Agree
Reactions: cyson

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron