What's streaming that's good TV/movies

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
With no sports and peeps recommended to stay at home, what are you watching or have watched that you can recommend?

I finished Altered Carbon 2 last week. Netflix. Would recommend if you have watched season 1. New story but would be way easier to understand if you've watched the previous. Good sci-fi.

Thinking of checking out the South Korean "Kingdom", also on Netflix.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Fleabag.

Didn't know anything about it going in. It was recommended by a woman at work. After the first scene I had to wonder about that co-worker

Out of bounds and dark British humor that ended perfectly in season 2.

But absolutely not for everyone

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Just signed up for HBO after dropping it at the end of GOT. Any recommendations for series to get me through the weekend as I wait for Westworld?

The new Pope?
His Dark Materials?
Watchmen?

Reactions: dahliaclone

UnCytely

SuperFanatic
Sep 24, 2017
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Lucifer is a hoot. I don't know how I missed that show in its first run. Tom Ellis has genuine talent and is a dark horse for the next James Bond.

Outlander. Gripping show by the guy who did the Battlestar Galactica reboot. Both of these shows are on Netflix.

Reactions: ILikeBacon

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Just signed up for HBO after dropping it at the end of GOT. Any recommendations for series to get me through the weekend as I wait for Westworld?

The new Pope?
His Dark Materials?
Watchmen?

New Pope seasons 1 and 2 are great! 2nd season gets REALLY sexy but in a religious, decent sorta way.

Outsider is phenomenal and McMillions is a really good crime TRUE story.

• Agree
Reactions: dahliaclone

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Fired up ESPN+ and binged the OJ 30 for 30 series today.

Getting caught up on Ozark as well. Better Call Saul is on the list as well.

Is Turn on Netflix? I remember being intrigued by that, but never got around to watching it.

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008

The new Pope?
His Dark Materials?
Watchmen?

Definitely Watchmen. One of the best TV seasons ever IMO.

• Informative
Reactions: tzjung

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
From American Experience on PBS, some here might be interested in:

Influenza 1918
Season 10 Episode 5 | 51m 32s

Influenza 1918 is the story of the worst epidemic the United States has ever known. Before it was over, the flu would kill more than 600,000 Americans - more than all the combat deaths of this century combined.

Aired: 01/18/10
Expires: 03/31/20

I saw it years ago. That it is still freely available at the PBS website until the end of this month was a decision made in 2010, the date of its re-airing, I believe. I’m not sure it is freely available on all PBS platforms (PC, Mac, Android, PBS app, etc.), but I got the above via my iPhone:
https://www.pbs.org/video/american-experience-influenza-1918/

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Comet Channel just had 'Empire of the Ants' and now has Killer Clowns from Outer Space.

Coincidentally I stopped and watch the Killer Clowns for about 5 minutes a little while ago, because the title caught me. I couldn’t get into it with the pink rabbits feet in the ship or whatever was going on.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
With no sports and peeps recommended to stay at home, what are you watching or have watched that you can recommend?

I finished Altered Carbon 2 last week. Netflix. Would recommend if you have watched season 1. New story but would be way easier to understand if you've watched the previous. Good sci-fi.

Thinking of checking out the South Korean "Kingdom", also on Netflix.
I think you will like Kingdom.

• Agree
Reactions: BoxsterCy