Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
We had a hotel booked for a four night stay in College Station. Non-refundable. I sent a request for a partial refund, explained why we couldn't come (Texas sis says they are limiting visiting in OR out of the facility), and telling them that we would be staying with them when we reschedule our trip. Hoping for the best (even a "store credit" would be nice). Should hear within 48 hours according to the website.

I actually wondered about that after I replied to you in the other thread. All the hospitals around here are limiting visitors so I could see your dad's place being like "you flew in from WA? Lol no."

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
So what is ESPN going to show? Cornhole competition? Kinda kills their being.
I'm sure they can still talk about Tom Brady and run 100 mock drafts. My guess is they are going to use Lunardi's last mock brackets to talk about how the NCAA tournament would have played out and declare Duke the 2020 champion.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and BCClone

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Argh. It was absolutely gorgeous yesterday, and now it's...*gestures*...this.

I know it'll be gone by Monday probably, but yuck.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm sure they can still talk about Tom Brady and run 100 mock drafts. My guess is they are going to use Lunardi's last mock brackets to talk about how the NCAA tournament would have played out and declare Duke the 2020 champion.

For me ESPN goes pretty low on the ladder around NCAA tourney time anyway. They don't show any games and their commentary is just blabbering and isn't nearly as interesting as Charles and Co. I think the TNT/TBS guys are just more to the point. What ESPN would turn into a 20 minute segment would be Charles saying 'They're a good team, and when you play like a good team, you can win', haha.

I would have checked out the conference tourney games but there's other dumb stuff on TV.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Stopped by Kroger to pick up some stuff for lunch next week. All the bananas were gone. Why would you stock up on those? They only last a few days.
Ran over to Hy Vee to pick up chicken breast. Will slice those up and add an Asian marinade and then freeze for stir fry in the future.

Reactions: oldman

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Stopped by Kroger to pick up some stuff for lunch next week. All the bananas were gone. Why would you stock up on those? They only last a few days.
Ran over to Hy Vee to pick up chicken breast. Will slice those up and add an Asian marinade and then freeze for stir fry in the future.

The ones I saw that we had left and what we were selling were very green, so they'd stay longer.

We have snow here. White ground

Just looked out the window and it's actively snowing right now

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
We have snow here. White ground
Here,too. A bit heavier now, but still melting when it hits the sidewalks and street. Did send a short snow video to DD and fam in Oregon.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I have like 25 one dollar off coupons for Culver's in my wallet. There's an expiration date on them, but they never check.

giphy.gif

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Update for ISU today based on Gov. Reynolds’ press conference yesterday:

Accordingly, all university-related non-essential domestic travel is prohibited until further notice, effective immediately.

That wipes out a lot of meetings and events that were under the previous ~20 person limit.

Looking less likely all the time that we’ll get to Oregon next month. At least Southwest has always had no change fees. That gets lost in the big guy announcements that they’re waiving them now.

Maybe we need a daily #ndy checkin here...

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Live from the Hunker Bunker, NDY

Torment of the Day: Gal texted me that she and another gal I know were at happy hour and almost asked me to meet them for a glass of wine. Well, ****, even if they had I'd of had to pass. FML.

#socialdistancingisreal

• Agree
Reactions: CloneLawman

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Making a lasagna together as a family, toddler just referred to it as a “pasta cake”
Wow! I don’t think I ever heard the word “pasta” until I was in college. Still don’t say it often. Would rather say the type - spaghetti, linguini, lasagne, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.