Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We booked through Expedia. I got disconnected from them 31 times yesterday before finally talking to somebody. We are probably going on our trip but have until about noon to decide.

That is who I booked through also. I couldn't even get in while calling, probably12 calls with answer and hang up or waits and hang ups. All the while on my computer trying to chat with someone. Finally the chat thing popped through and I now have a credit for the plane tickets to use the rest of the year and the dude was a champ and got 3 of my 4 nights or a nonrefundable room refunded. Even got charged the 40 reduced rate they are charging today. Now I'm just working on the broadway ticket refund. Final damages will be down to 500 to a grand, pending we fly somewhere this year. I will see if I can sweet talk a delta employee this year and use the credits for the wife's niece's wedding next April.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
That is who I booked through also. I couldn't even get in while calling, probably12 calls with answer and hang up or waits and hang ups. All the while on my computer trying to chat with someone. Finally the chat thing popped through and I now have a credit for the plane tickets to use the rest of the year and the dude was a champ and got 3 of my 4 nights or a nonrefundable room refunded. Even got charged the 40 reduced rate they are charging today. Now I'm just working on the broadway ticket refund. Final damages will be down to 500 to a grand, pending we fly somewhere this year. I will see if I can sweet talk a delta employee this year and use the credits for the wife's niece's wedding next April.
Both airlines and the hotel were willing to refund or at least credit us. I like Simon and Garfunkel but listening to Homeward Bound (the first hold song with Expedia) 32 times was rough. Incidentally, the Rick-roll song is about the 4th song they play when you are on hold.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I can't stand going in Wally World. The Walton family has to be the greediest clan in America. Check out a doc titled Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price sometime. You'll detest that store even more.
On the rare occasion I do go in I try to make it right when they open to try to make it as painless as possible.

I saw something on them about how they just tell a company we will buy xx amount of your product at a unit cost of .yy and it is up to the company to figure out how to get their unit cost down or lose the deal. When people say they bought the exact same thing at Walmart for cheaper they are not getting the exact same thing. Same thing as Black Friday, you aren't getting a $500 TV for $250. You're getting a $250 TV.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Pat Sajak is very good at working with differently-abled people. There's a young man on the show tonight that appears to be on the spectrum, and his life long dream has been to be on wheel. Not many game shows are this accepting.
I thought he would probably win.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
We're already running a skeleton crew in our office at work and we just had 2 people (our Accounts Receivable person and our Logistics person) quit this week. Not to mention our Head Accountant/HR person is supposed to retire in April and trying to train her replacement in the process.

Going to be an absolute sh*tshow the next few months considering our busiest time of the year starts in May.

Fun times ahead :confused:

• Friendly
Reactions: cyrevkah and NWICY

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Anybody want free passes to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis island for Saturday? 4 adults and 1 kid.

Ended up canceling out. When it appeared I would have to eat the whole thing, The idea of me and the oldest going out since we weren’t bound to be back for Wednesday was floated. Mrs BC wasn’t kind to the idea of her not getting to go, so I cancelled the whole thing.

We had friends who were supposed to leave for the airport to fly to NYC yesterday at 4am. They were going to go as planned until they talked to the wife’s sister who lives out there (who they were going to go visit) and said it was not good there.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and BCClone

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
On the rare occasion I do go in I try to make it right when they open to try to make it as painless as possible.

I saw something on them about how they just tell a company we will buy xx amount of your product at a unit cost of .yy and it is up to the company to figure out how to get their unit cost down or lose the deal. When people say they bought the exact same thing at Walmart for cheaper they are not getting the exact same thing. Same thing as Black Friday, you aren't getting a $500 TV for $250. You're getting a $250 TV.
I don't think that's unusual. I believe Menards does the same.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Still reigning Big 12 Tournament Champions!

I won the NCAA pool last year put on by the Sheriff's Office in the County where I used to work as a prosecutor (probably safe if you're gambling with the cops). I sent an e-mail this morning declaring that I was the reigning NCAA Pool winner and that everyone should just send me their money this year. Thus far, I've received $0.00.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I won the NCAA pool last year put on by the Sheriff's Office in the County where I used to work as a prosecutor (probably safe if you're gambling with the cops). I sent an e-mail this morning declaring that I was the reigning NCAA Pool winner and that everyone should just send me their money this year. Thus far, I've received $0.00.
giphy.gif

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Not sure how well I am going to adapt to forced slothdom. While I am an expert in pajama days and embracing my inner sloth it's usually a personal thing between me and sloth. Weather plays a big role. Wednesday was like a 10 on the gloomy sky scale. Strong sloth. Today is like sunny although with wind blow like a 100 mph. Sloth at 50% strength.

I suppose I could do some home projects but that is sort of a total departure from true slothdom. I am conflicted. Either need sheetrock or a new Kindle book.

Status
Not open for further replies.