If the NCAA tournament doesn’t happen...

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I guess I am more OK with them just cancelling altogether or postponing than playing in empty stadiums. That is not how one of the biggest sporting events of the year is meant to played. I think a delay or postponement followed by playing it the right way at a later date is the right play here.

GT25Ump

Oct 24, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
The medical professionals that I know are saying this is a complete overreaction. We’ve gone in two days from being woefully underprepared and not taking it seriously enough to overreacting and shutting everything down.

EDIT: to add their specialty is in disease response.

Dealing with a contagious health issue with no known vaccine for it, such as this, is it better to under react to the possibilities that are posed or to overreact, just in case?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Just noticed Creighton and Saint John's is underway. Big East don't give no f's about no fake news.

Unrelated to the virus, but is it just me, or does anyone else think Creighton is a really odd fit in the Big EAST? Almost as bad as Rutgers in the Big 10

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The medical professionals that I know are saying this is a complete overreaction. We’ve gone in two days from being woefully underprepared and not taking it seriously enough to overreacting and shutting everything down.

EDIT: to add their specialty is in disease response.

I have some very important people in my life that are high risk due to preexisting conditions that I'd just assume not get infected so I don't think some actually meaningless sporting events being cut out is a problem whatsoever if it's a step towards not having this thing go nuts.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Dealing with a contagious health issue with no known vaccine for it, such as this, is it better to under react to the possibilities that are posed or to overreact, just in case?

Exactly. It sucks to miss out on March Madness and the NBA and vacation and all that fun stuff, but it would suck even worse to lose a loved one who falls in the high risk category.

I think that we'd all like for life to go on as usual, but the fact is it's a highly contagious virus with no known vaccine and we just don't know with any certainty how widespread it is yet. It won't slow down without some aggressive containment measures in place.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Would they still do a Selection Sunday even if the tournament is cancelled?

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Would they still do a Selection Sunday even if the tournament is cancelled?

It feels like that's the deadline here, right? They have to make a decision either way before they start sending teams all over the country.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I have some very important people in my life that are high risk due to preexisting conditions that I'd just assume not get infected so I don't think some actually meaningless sporting events being cut out is a problem whatsoever if it's a step towards not having this thing go nuts.
That’s the thing that they have been saying. Everyone should take precautions. Certain people should take more precautions. It should be case by case basis at this point. Wholesale societal stops are not needed at this point.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Just noticed Creighton and Saint John's is underway. Big East don't give no f's about no fake news.

Unrelated to the virus, but is it just me, or does anyone else think Creighton is a really odd fit in the Big EAST? Almost as bad as Rutgers in the Big 10
Except Creighton is actually good at sports...Rutgers...not so much.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron