Xavier Foster Committed To Iowa State

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I think you are way too optimistic on Foster being a 1 and done. He is a Iowa HS 3A big man. Sure he has played AAU, buy AAU is glorified Rec Ball. Foster will have a big adjustment to be an acceptable Big12 defender and adjust to the physicality if the game. He will have to play against posts his size that could be 3-4 years older.

Would love to see Foster start, but realistically playing 15-20mpg would be a great freshman year.

I hope you're right. It's just that he's 7', athletic, and can shoot and handle the ball. He'll have people in his ear just like they were with Tucker. If he were to stay 2 years it's scary to think about how good he would be.

Clyde4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2018
Agreed. didn't see many D1 players on the floor this year, so start all of them.
No ones starting position should be secured going into next season. The last time Prohm tanked it took 4 new starters to turn things around.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Can someone please insert the image of JorBo puking all over himself in IC and then we can ask if Fran should revoke his scholarship too for making terrible decisions. My gawd.
Nobody said his scholarship should be revoked

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I think you are way too optimistic on Foster being a 1 and done. He is a Iowa HS 3A big man. Sure he has played AAU, buy AAU is glorified Rec Ball. Foster will have a big adjustment to be an acceptable Big12 defender and adjust to the physicality if the game. He will have to play against posts his size that could be 3-4 years older.

Would love to see Foster start, but realistically playing 15-20mpg would be a great freshman year.
Friend with a guy who refs games in Iowa. He's done several of Foster's games. Says he is a good player but needs toughness and defense is nowhere near where it needs to be. I see him here at least 2 years and that would take major improvement.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Friend with a guy who refs games in Iowa. He's done several of Foster's games. Says he is a good player but needs toughness and defense is nowhere near where it needs to be. I see him here at least 2 years and that would take major improvement.

Tell your ref friend that he (ref) may be part of the perceived "lack of toughness" problem.

For example the calls Bowen Born as a midget guard got vs the lack of calls Xavier Foster as a 7' got were off the charts. Sneeze on Born foul. Look at his FT attempts. Xavier Foster had midgets hanging all over him and if he turned or slightly stuck an arm out foul.

Basically your friend is an idiot. And you are a bigger idiot referencing your HS ref friend. The reason Argumentum Ad Hominem. You are not some kind of expert because your friend is a ref

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Tell your ref friend that he (ref) may be part of the perceived "lack of toughness" problem.

For example the calls Bowen Born as a midget guard got vs the lack of calls Xavier Foster as a 7' got were off the charts. Sneeze on Born foul. Look at his FT attempts. Xavier Foster had midgets hanging all over him and if he turned or slightly stuck an arm out foul.
Oh we argue about crappy calls all the time. He has made me far more forgiving of refs. Most of the time, some contact can occur, just as long as it doesn't influence the kids ability to finish his play. Also, he throws so many angles at me that I never even considered the likes of which slip my mind because those intricacies are for a professional.

• Friendly
Reactions: Doc

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Oh we argue about crappy calls all the time. He has made me far more forgiving of refs. Most of the time, some contact can occur, just as long as it doesn't influence the kids ability to finish his play. Also, he throws so many angles at me that I never even considered the likes of which slip my mind because those intricacies are for a professional.

It sure as hell does influence how Physical a 7' 225 lb kid can get against a bunch of 6'3 wanna be pussies. You and your ref friend are a problem

Reactions: scyclonekid

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames

You and your friend are not more knowledgeable about basketball because he is a ref. Take a hike

Reactions: scyclonekid

Clyde4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2018
Is Foster a legit 7ft? Does anyone know his wing span? Also I couldn’t recall any players at 7ft playing for ISU other than the Greek fellow. Have there been others?

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Is Foster a legit 7ft? Does anyone know his wing span? Also I couldn’t recall any players at 7ft playing for ISU other than the Greek fellow. Have there been others?

You are absolutely right. That Kelvin Cato or some such 20 yrs ago would have set the school block record if he wasn't a JC player and he may have played longer in the NBA if he was 7 instead of 6'11.

Great Point

Edit just to clarify after IASTATE07 rated it dumb- this post was dripping in sarcasm. It was the epitome of Hyperbole. In this thread that translates to the Epi Tome of Hyper Bowl

Last edited:
  • Dumb
Reactions: IASTATE07

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
giphy.gif

Cydkar! Yeah I am mad bro. Way too much two plus two is chicken in this thread
tenor.gif

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
You are absolutely right. That Kelvin Cato or some such 20 yrs ago would have set the school block record if he wasn't a JC player and he may have played longer in the NBA if he was 7 instead of 6'11.

Great Point

Edit just to clarify after IASTATE07 rated it dumb- this post was dripping in sarcasm. It was the epitome of Hyperbole. In this thread that translates to the Epi Tome of Hyper Bowl

He actually transferred in from south Alabama. He wasn’t eligible until the Wyoming game after 1st semester as a junior.

I think he had like 18 rebounds in that game.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Way too many ****** refs across the state don't have a clue what they're doing just know how to phrase the narrative to justify their incompetence. Oh course it affected the player's ability to finish. Not the contact but that fact he's 7 feet tall. Similar contact needs to be called consistantly regardless of the outcome.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Great Point

Dudek was 7'1", but I'd go with Cato as well.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
It sure as hell does influence how Physical a 7' 225 lb kid can get against a bunch of 6'3 wanna be pussies. You and your ref friend are a problem
Ok? I simply expressed his opinion. Not sure how you think I'm a problem? Take it or leave it. We're all anonymous on here anointed one.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Way too many ****** refs across the state don't have a clue what they're doing just know how to phrase the narrative to justify their incompetence. Oh course it affected the player's ability to finish. Not the contact but that fact he's 7 feet tall. Similar contact needs to be called consistantly regardless of the outcome.
Incidental contact occurs all the time. I have no idea the stats or the perceived and possible bias there was against him. I agree about tall and large kids getting treated differently but I'm not sure why you think I'm justifying bad calls? I was merely saying that people like to think they know more than the refs but there is so much more to their job than just knowing the rule book.

• Agree
Reactions: isu83

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I'm not sure we're talking about the same kind of contact?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
To be clear, I agree that it should be called consistently, that's normally what I am arguing for with him. And I'm not sure why you two think I find myself savy about basketball? I'm amateur, my friend is actually very knowledgeable and wish I could represent him better as I feel I've been missunderstood in here.

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013
Pella went on a 24-2 run to end the game... I hope Xavier Foster lives up to the hype but there is no way with a chance to go to state, a big time recruit is shut down the last quarter of a game. Especially in 3A... I don't care if it's lack of motivation or what. Doesn't really look good.
Myles Turner, who went to UT & is now on the Pacers, was on my HS team and we didn’t get out of the 1st round of the playoffs...

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
You do understand that probably 90% of college basketball players smoke weed, right? And you're worried about vaping?

Like someone said, he probably jaywalked too... that's illegal also. He might have driven 60 mph in a 55 mph zone too. Prohm should revoke his scholarship!!
Do people on here realize you can vape THC Cartriges?

• Agree
Reactions: adjl

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron