Iowa State Basketball is a Mid-Major Roster

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
You're not really making sense here. Goodson got more opportunity early in the year and Hall was still way better

Goodson got hurt also. He was in a committee backfield. Hall had 52 more carries, equal yards per carry. Iowa had more depth than ISU at RB.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Goodson got hurt also. He was in a committee backfield. Hall had 52 more carries, equal yards per carry. Iowa had more depth than ISU at RB.

Iowa State had Kene and Lang. Iowa had Sargent and Young. Let's be honest none of those 4 are anything special.

The fact Goodson couldn't emerge from that is not a great sign in your argument that he could end up being as good as Hall some day

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Both averaged 4.8 YPC. ISU's backfield is horrible, so Hall got more carries. I'm perfectly happy with Goodson, and I'd be perfectly happy with Hall if I were ISU. Only Twins would have a cow like this over those two.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Both averaged 4.8 YPC. ISU's backfield is horrible, so Hall got more carries. I'm perfectly happy with Goodson, and I'd be perfectly happy with Hall if I were ISU. Only Twins would have a cow like this over those two.

So Hall was a freshman All American and Goodson was just a freshman because Sargeant and Young were good? Lol!

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
So Hall was a freshman All American and Goodson was just a freshman because Sargeant and Young were good? Lol!

They both averaged 4.8 YPC, Hall got more carries. I'm glad Iowa has Goodson, that is for sure, he gonna be good.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Iowa State Basketball Is A Mid-Major Roster

PLeASe aRgUe aBOuT FoOtBaLl HeRE bECaUsE CF.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Because Iowa had a 3 back by rotation. Goodson was the workhorse the last 2 games and was great. Hall is very good, but so is Goodson.

Goodson 134 attempts, 638 yards, 5 TDs, 4.8 ypc

Hall 186 attempts, 897 yards, 9 TDs, 4.8 ypc

Hall had 50 more runs that Goodson and the same ypc. Not hard to see how Goodson being the workhorse will be a good player. Both were freshman. Both played vital rolls in their teams success.

Not sure if Hall got dinged up, but I do know Goodson was dinged up for a few games this year.
Last two games.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Actually you should probably listen to what I am saying. I remember saying Garza was good. Minnesota will have a good FB team in 2019, and ISU will suffer to win big games/ lack leadership with out the playmakers at WR and RB with their loses of Butler and Monty. I was right on all of those predictions. You told me I was going to be wrong and a homer..... we all know how that has turned out. Hall will lose some time to Brock this coming year. Brock may end up being the best RB for ISU next year. We just never know what will happen.
Tf are you saying?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Obviously Iowa State wouldn't accept a bid to the CIT and I don't think they would to the CBI either. West Virginia did one year recently which surprised me but yeah not happening
There is zero point to go to one of those tournaments and risk a critical injury to the returning guys next year.