Iowa Football Recruiting

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Why is this thread still here, MODs? 32,000 posts and it hasn't been shut down yet? We are always told in the random thoughts thread that threads start affecting forum performance at half of that.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I see ISU is now up to 4 commits for the '21 class. They have a combined 1 BCS offer between the 4 of them. I'd have to say CMC is limping out of the gate here early recruiting wise.

Iowa has some great momentum going for the '21 class, two 4* kids already committed, and looking good on several other top targets.

Last edited:
Reactions: dexterhawk

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I see ISU is now up to 4 commits for the '21 class. They have a combined 1 BCS offer between the 4 of them. I'd have to say CMC is limping out of the gate here early recruiting wise.

Iowa has some great momentum going for the '21 class, two 4* kids already committed, and looking good on several other top targets.

Iowa also has one Iowa State decomit because of apparent character issues. One of your 4 star recruits, Justice, has P5 offers of Iowa, ISU, Minni, Nebraska, Kansas, and Northwestern. Big power hitters there. Then you have two kids that grew up in Iowa's back yard lol . But yea....go on stroking that chub of yours to make yourself feel adequate about your favorite team whilst you post on a Iowa State fan page. You do you bud

JDDDCy

Dec 20, 2017
Legend, how is this any different than every other year in recruiting? Iowa locks in some good early recruits, gets an early high rating, then slows down and ends up 10-15 spots higher than ISU.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa also has one Iowa State decomit because of apparent character issues. One of your 4 star recruits, Justice, has P5 offers of Iowa, ISU, Minni, Nebraska, Kansas, and Northwestern. Big power hitters there. Then you have two kids that grew up in Iowa's back yard lol . But yea....go on stroking that chub of yours to make yourself feel adequate about your favorite team whilst you post on a Iowa State fan page. You do you bud

We didn't offer Justice Sullivan

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Funny that you're ripping on these recruits already.

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

(Checks calendar) Yep it’s February.

Also...BCS? What year do you think this is?

Last edited:

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
ISU's class is very "meh" at this point. I appreciate the talent that Campbell had gotten to Ames, but I feel like we need to start improving on it in order to really make an impact in the conference. Now, there's still 15 or so spots left to fill and I think the class had solid potential, but we really need to start seeing it.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Funny that Hawks are s***ting on Iowa State's current recruiting class already
ISU's class is very "meh" at this point. I appreciate the talent that Campbell had gotten to Ames, but I feel like we need to start improving on it in order to really make an impact in the conference. Now, there's still 15 or so spots left to fill and I think the class had solid potential, but we really need to start seeing it.

Not just Hawks. Some ISU fans are questioning the start too.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Not just Hawks. Some ISU fans are questioning the start too.
I think a lot of us have the mindset that although it's obviously not great now, but it will most likely get better. Getting worked up about the 2021 class in February 2020 is a little early imo.

Reactions: Crookedhatkid

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I think a lot of us have the mindset that although it's obviously not great now, but it will most likely get better. Getting worked up about the 2021 class in February 2020 is a little early imo.
It is. But it's also understandable that Hawk fans would be excited about how theirs is shaping up and having a national guy like Lemming making positive comments. Clone fans would be excited about that too. Now throwing it in your rivals face, you have to expect to get some shade thrown at you and that's understood as well.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It is. But it's also understandable that Hawk fans would be excited about how theirs is shaping up and having a national guy like Lemming making positive comments. Clone fans would be excited about that too. Now throwing it in your rivals face, you have to expect to get some shade thrown at you and that's understood as well.
Yeah I think if we had a great class right now we'd be excited there's no doubt about that. I just think it's far too early to get worked up about not having a great class.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

You're right, I wasn't looking close enough at the 247 list. His only P5 offers are Iowa, Minni, and Nebraska. Worse than originally thought

So you are crapping on a 4* with multiple P5 offers. What must you think of the 4 ISU recruits that have a combined P5 offer list consisting of ISU and and 1 Louisville offer. LOL.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron