YouTube TV and Marquee Sports Network?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I haven't received my email yet...was hoping the midwest Fox Sports regionals weren't part of Sinclair...dang...I am a White Sox fan so I am still good for baseball but my family has watched a lot of NBA this winter on the stations I fear I am losing!
Text of the email I received:

Hi there,
Our goal with YouTube TV is to offer you the content you love, delivered the way you want.
To make this happen, we need to enter into deals with our partners. Unfortunately, we have been unable to reach an agreement with Sinclair to continue to carry the FOX Regional Sports Networks and YES Network.
Starting February 29, 2020, you will no longer be able to watch live, on demand, or recorded content from your local FOX Regional Sports Network or YES Network.
Please know that we do not take this decision lightly. We value your membership and will continue to strive to build the best streaming experience possible.
Sincerely,
The YouTube TV team

Reactions: cyfanatic

JD720

Jan 3, 2009
Probably has been asked before, is there a stand alone Marquee streaming app?
No. There's an app, but you need to login in with your cable credentials. There is no way to subscribe directly from them.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
In today's world, that's a fail.

I am guessing it is a MLB thing...keeping the local/regional TV contracts from bleeding off out of market teams. By going through distributors like cable/satellite/streaming companies...MLB can manage which markets can and will make money compared to others.

• Agree
Reactions: RivClone23