****Official Class of 2020 Recruiting Thread****

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I'm guessing that Bolton's usage rate has gone after Tyrese went out? I'm surprised that it is that high, but I think it's partly born out of necessity (and lack of other offensive options), whereas I think Lindell was a bit stickier with the ball (despite a plethora of other offensive options).

upload_2020-2-24_13-54-48.png

Bolton's usage rate was probably higher with Tyrese around.

He's actually cooled it since the K-State game.

Kobe's looking down and smiling at that rate in the Texas game.

Nixon and Young are the ones going hog wild lately.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
View attachment 70388

Yeah, I forgot that he's the focal point of the defense since Tyrese went out.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Seasonal usage rates --

FR Wigginton = 27.7%
SO Wigginton = 26.9%

FR Bolton = 24.1%
SO Bolton = 25.5%

For comparison, Giannis' career usage rate is 26.38% in the NBA.

They are not quite Kobe (31.85%) but the ball ends with both of them quite a lot.

I mean isn't it pretty typical to have your top offensive weapons/scorers have high usage rates?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
For some reason I thought they already had Haliburton's spot accounted for.

Four incoming freshman using the scholarships of Jacobson, Nixon and the two freshman that left. I think there could be three scholarships available too.

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
For some reason I thought they already had Haliburton's spot accounted for.

We are at 12 for 2020-2021 if you assume Haliburton as gone.

Freshmen - Jaden Walker, Dudley Blackwell, X Foster, Darlinston Dubar
Sophomores - Tre Jackson and Caleb Grill
Juniors - Zion Griffin, George Conditt, Rasir Bolton, and Javan Johnson (RS)
Seniors - Terrence Lewis and Solomon Young (RS)

• Informative

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
View attachment 70388

I think Bolton got benched in that KState game at the start of the 2nd because he just being too aggressive on offensive and was making a bunch of poor decisions. Looks like they maybe changed their philosophy a bit after that.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I think Bolton got benched in that KState game at the start of the 2nd because he just being too aggressive on offensive and was making a bunch of poor decisions. Looks like they maybe changed their philosophy a bit after that.

We also lost Tyrese -- so Bolton went from probably drawing the second-best defender on the other team to drawing the best one, which never helps.

But you are right that our strategy on offense seems to be pound it in for Solomon.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
We also lost Tyrese -- so Bolton went from probably drawing the second-best defender on the other team to drawing the best one, which never helps.

But you are right that our strategy on offense seems to be pound it in for Solomon.

Ah, I totally forgot that the game they lost Tyrese in. They really had no idea what to do for awhile there.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

That strategy works pretty well when they can hold to it. Seems like they forget for stretches, a lead develops, and then it's a free for all until they settle down again.

• Agree

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
That strategy works pretty well when they can hold to it. Seems like they forget for stretches, a lead develops, and then it's a free for all until they settle down again.
We’re not that far off, at least as much as our resounding defeats suggest. That’s a good/bad thing.

Add a competent perimeter starter this spring and get the guys to have the fortitude to play with consistent discipline, and our record will greatly improve. That can happen in one offseason, even under a staff that has previously disappointed! Maybe we can get Tim Floyd to run training camp?

Reactions: Cyclonepride