Who Should we hire After Prohm if he left after this year or next?

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
$5m is pocket change in big time college athletics. If we want to be a big time program, going to have to write some checks to get where we want to go.

You don’t think the buyout money is there if he needs it?

none of this is complicated. There are a whole cadre of coaches that are watching how this plays out, both internally and externally.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Do people realize the amount of the buyout to fire the guy?

19-20 $6.3 million
20-21 $5.1 million
21-22 $ 3.8 million
22-23 $2.6 million
23-24 $1.3 million

He's got 2 years to right the ship if not more. Settle down people.
He’s going to get 3 from Jamie after this year I believe.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
He’s going to get 3 from Jamie after this year I believe.

impressive. Just a real win of a post.

he’s at 2.3. He’s going to get whatever the built in increase is on the extension signed last year.

campbell needs to be way north of 4 at this point though.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
You don’t think the buyout money is there if he needs it?

none of this is complicated. There are a whole cadre of coaches that are watching how this plays out, both internally and externally.

I understand what you are saying about the ramifications of an AD with a “hair trigger.” The change isn’t occurring this year. But assuming the change is made next year, do you honestly believe that Iowa State won’t get a good b-ball coach or loss Campbell because an AD made a coaching change after a coach misses the tournament in Years 3, 5 and 6 of his regime? All but the bottom feeders of the P5 would be making the same move.
Last year was a success but holy **** this program has been non-competitive in so many games in 2 of the last three years.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
impressive. Just a real win of a post.

he’s at 2.3. He’s going to get whatever the built in increase is on the extension signed last year.

campbell needs to be way north of 4 at this point though.

2,425,000 next year. 36th highest paid coach in the country. More than Leonard Hamilton, Tad Boyle and Bobby Hurley.

• Informative
Reactions: Cyfanisu and Snydes

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I understand what you are saying about the ramifications of an AD with a “hair trigger.” The change isn’t occurring this year. But assuming the change is made next year, do you honestly believe that Iowa State won’t get a good b-ball coach or loss Campbell because an AD made a coaching change after a coach misses the tournament in Years 3, 5 and 6 of his regime? All but the bottom feeders of the P5 would be making the same move.
Last year was a success but holy **** this program has been non-competitive in so many games in 2 of the last three years.

Actually, that wasn’t the point.

Iowa State can absolutely get a good coach.

I have already said I’m doubtful he’s going to get it turned around.

But pollard isn’t going to fire him without giving him every opportunity to succeed. He will error on the side of caution.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
3 years stupid, not 3 mil.

so you quoted a post with financial figures in it.

But he’s going to get one more, if there’s any positive momentum, where you can have hope for the future, he may get another.

this isn’t 10 years ago when he offered security in lieu of dollars for coaches contracts.