2021 Football Targets

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I imagine the staff is looking at ideally taking 3 TEs this class. 1 JUCO and 2 HS kids.
They like the two youngsters enough, I can’t see them taking a JC player. Grad transfer maybe...

I suppose it depends on just how advanced the eventual HS signees are, whether they need a redshirt or not—is someone like Fidone that good? And, of course, whether Kolar comes back for his senior year.

Edit: After I posted this, I saw that Fidone is now the #1 TE in the country—and the #40 player in the class by 247 (#34 Composite). Did Lazard ever get that high?

https://247sports.com/Player/Thomas-Fidone-46086515/

Last edited:

PsychedCy09

Jul 8, 2018
Edit: After I posted this, I saw that Fidone is now the #1 TE in the country—and the #40 player in the class by 247 (#34 Composite). Did Lazard ever get that high?

https://247sports.com/Player/Thomas-Fidone-46086515/

IIRC I believe Lazard was ranked the #1 WR in his class early on before he even committed but fell in the ranks to #10. I don’t know if he was ever as high as #34 overall. Fidone would be an amazing get but I don’t think he has much interest in ISU

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
IIRC I believe Lazard was ranked the #1 WR in his class early on before he even committed but fell in the ranks to #10. I don’t know if he was ever as high as #34 overall. Fidone would be an amazing get but I don’t think he has much interest in ISU
As long as he doesn't pick Iowa. They landed two really solid TE's in the 2020 class so that might work against them with recruiting Fidone. Maybe.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Last year the staff offered a ton of tight ends early on and then kinda cooled off it seemed like. I thought they would land one with Allen and Soehner entering their final season and Kolar probably gong pro after 2020. That leaves the cupboard pretty bare with only Dean and Loving-Black, two kids that have not played a single snap yet and probably won't get much action this year with those three upperclassmen returning.

This year they are offering a lot of tight ends early as well. I hope they make that position a recruiting priority. In reality, they should be able to land some highly rated kids at tight end because of the success Kolar has had and the way ISU uses tight ends, but I don't see a lot of offers to big time prospects at the position. Iowa had two tight ends go in the first round in the 2019 draft and they are using that as a recruiting tool. They landed two really good ones in 2019 and it looks like they are in on some even better ones in the 2020 and 2021 classes.

Last edited: