*** Official IOWA STATE Vs #3 Kansas Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Please tell me we aren't still talking about the officiating in a game we lost by 20.
Tuco is trying to tell us that missed goaltend is a normal occurrence.

That was one of the worst no-calls I've ever seen. It was obvious at full speed to everyone watching, including the announcers on TV mentioning it in real time.

It didn't change the game much, no, but it was still absolutely pathetic. And is certainly not an everyday occurrence in many games. That's a braindead defense.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I'm not talking about general missed calls.

Tell me what specific games that you've seen a defender foul an offensive player, then hang on the rim, and then not get called for the goal tend.

Otherwise you're just making **** up.
That's childish. I dont keep a notebook by my couch writing down lists of grievances. I leave that to you guys.

Ever seen a player jump up to block a shot and have his hand go through the net but not have it called? Yes, I have seen it multiple times. And I am sure that you have as well. I am also sure that you could probably only name the times where it was done by a Kansas player vs. Iowa State. It's part of your persecution complex.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Refs miss calls in every game. They miss them against ISU and against the team ISU plays. I think the real problem is that the refs have let way too much physical contact go this year. Freedom of movement is dead this year.
I 100% agree with this statement. It allows less physical teams to get away with a disproportionate amount of fouls. As a fan of a very physical team, it results in an artificial leveling of the playing field.

• Funny
Reactions: LincolnSwinger

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Tuco is trying to tell us that missed goaltend is a normal occurrence.

That was one of the worst no-calls I've ever seen. It was obvious at full speed to everyone watching, including the announcers on TV mentioning it in real time.

It didn't change the game much, no, but it was still absolutely pathetic. And is certainly not an everyday occurrence in many games. That's a braindead defense.
Agree that it was a bad miss. I dont recall if the refs made any effort to "make up for it" by calling a ticky tack foul afterwards or not. But make up calls absolutely get made all the time.

The blatantly obvious out of bounds call in the KU vs. OU game where Self ran out and got a technical called on him was just as obvious of a mistake. That's the point. The refs miss stuff. Either they are watching something else at the time and get caught having to make a call they didnt see or they just flat out miss that something happened at all.

Blatantly obvious calls are only blatantly obvious to us because we get to see the game through what the camera shows usandthen replays for us in slow motion multiple times. The refs arent watching through the same lens we are. Maybe the refs were looking for body contact or got caught a little behind the play and didnt see it; I dont know.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That's childish. I dont keep a notebook by my couch writing down lists of grievances. I leave that to you guys.

Ever seen a player jump up to block a shot and have his hand go through the net but not have it called? Yes, I have seen it multiple times. And I am sure that you have as well. I am also sure that you could probably only name the times where it was done by a Kansas player vs. Iowa State. It's part of your persecution complex.

Bolded is not the same as fouling a player and then hanging on the rim, and not getting the goal tending called. So, you said you've seen that, but you have no examples.

Do you think this is a traveling violation?

pqyh6eK.gif

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
After a missed basket interference call resulted in an LSU win over Kentucky last season, former referee John Clougherty was interviewed and said the following, "I've always felt, with the players as talented as they are, as much as they play above the rim, how many basket interference plays that happen that don't get called? I'd think probably a lot."

No one here has any recollection of a missed basket interference by Iowa State's Hans Brase at Okie State in Jan 2018 with about 16 seconds left that resulted in Okie State not getting 2 points in a game that went to OT? Shocking...

So yeah, it happens.

Last edited:

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
That folks are still whining about the refs in a 20 point drubbing is classic ISU.

actually, people are just telling you you’re a dumb ****.

you could actually just be honest, and say hey it was a bad call. Instead you try to obfuscate with walls of words.

there’s a reason your boys always lose in the tournament

Reactions: Macloney

randomfan44

May 30, 2015

you could actually just be honest, and say hey it was a bad call. Instead you try to obfuscate with walls of words.

Eh, I have stated that it was a bad call probably five times already. My argument is that there is no greater conspiracy to give KU that call. It's just a missed call like it is in other games, no more.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015

Always? Maybe fresh off 2 Elite Eights and a Final Four in 4 years isn't the time to talk about KU "always " losing early in the tourney.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Always one of my favorites...

Exactly. I swear that ISU fans get a list of these at birth and links to the youtube videos. The dead ball three, the Niang/EJ foul and the Young/Withey foul switch.

Never seen a fan base that thinks the world is out to screw them like the ISU fan base. Truly unique.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Exactly. I swear that ISU fans get a list of these at birth and links to the youtube videos. The dead ball three, the Niang/EJ foul and the Young/Withey foul switch.

Never seen a fan base that thinks the world is out to screw them like the ISU fan base. Truly unique.
What does it say about someone who infests the forums of a rival team to make sure nobody talks mean about "his" pet basketball team?

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I 100% agree with this statement. It allows less physical teams to get away with a disproportionate amount of fouls. As a fan of a very physical team, it results in an artificial leveling of the playing field.
That’s ridiculous. Freedom of movement was created to level the playing field. To allow shooters rather than solely physical players to thrive. West Virginia and Kansas benefit the most by freedom of movement being limited.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009

Sort of like a fanbase that defends a player for picking up a stool to strike another player. After all he didn’t hit him with the stool and if the guy hadn’t stolen the ball it never would have happened. Keep getting the best players money will buy. Can’t wait to see how that program turns into UCLA when Self leaves.

• Agree
Reactions: Cat Stevens

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
That’s ridiculous. Freedom of movement was created to level the playing field. To allow shooters rather than solely physical players to thrive. West Virginia and Kansas benefit the most by freedom of movement being limited.
Not sure where you came up with that but it is not accurate. It was created to allow better offensive players the ability to achieve their potential, thus making the game "more appealing to watch (aka higher scoring). The better teams have better player who, when not clutched and grabbed, would in theory achieve better results.

What they found was that calling a ton of fouls didnt force players to adjust; it just made games unwatchable.

• Disagree
Reactions: Halincandenza

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
Obviously you either haven't been reading this site much lately and know my position with Prohm.....or don't recognize sarcasm. Because I was laying it on real thick with that post.
My apologizes. There is so much anti Prohm sentiment on here that I just assumed you were part of the “I hate Prohm and refuse to give him credit for anything he does well, while holding him to a standard higher than any previous clone coach” crowd.

Reactions: CYEATHAWK