*** Official IOWA STATE Vs #3 Kansas Game(Day) Thread ***

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
I'm not saying the refs weren't bad....they were even extremely bad last night.

But it seems like some are blaming them for the loss when meanwhile ISU had to hit 9 threes in a half to stay within 10.

You really have to read the posts. I don't think anyone was saying that we lost BECAUSE of the refs. But, even though it is glaringly apparent that we are overmatched, they still give the benefit of the doubt on every opportunity they can to KU. I just want an even called game and still lose. I'd be happy with that.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Has Steve been at ISU for 40 years, or are you saying no coach has done well there? Why could Steve be expected to “substantially” close the gap, when nobody else has been able to? That’s certainly a good objective, but it would appear that is not easily done.
Obviously you either haven't been reading this site much lately and know my position with Prohm.....or don't recognize sarcasm. Because I was laying it on real thick with that post.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Has Steve been at ISU for 40 years, or are you saying no coach has done well there? Why could Steve be expected to “substantially” close the gap, when nobody else has been able to? That’s certainly a good objective, but it would appear that is not easily done.

He WAS joking, right?

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
We are what we are.
That first half was some inspired fun. Won't take that away from these guys.

I had a glass-half-fullness about that, too (as well as first half of @OU game). Not good enough to put together enough of that for a full game, but at least it's good to watch some consistency for fairly extended stretches.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Yeah...figured he'd be around at some point.

Likely thought the KU player hanging on the rim after a foul was fine.

Blowout or not, that needs to be called.
No, it was a missed call that should have been made. They happen in every game for against every team. Do you watch games that dont have ISU or a team you're rooting against? The refs arent that great and noticeably miss on average 2-3 obvious calls against each team per game. Every. Game.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
No, it was a missed call that should have been made. They happen in every game for against every team. Do you watch games that dont have ISU or a team you're rooting against? The refs arent that great and noticeably miss on average 2-3 obvious calls against each team per game. Every. Game.

Yes.

I've actually never seen a player foul someone and then hang on the rim so obviously, and then not get called for at least a goal tend.

And Doke isn't the only one out there who gets to hook defenders with an elbow, so there's that I guess.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Yes.

I've actually never seen a player foul someone and then hang on the rim so obviously, and then not get called for at least a goal tend.

And Doke isn't the only one out there who gets to hook defenders with an elbow, so there's that I guess.
Huh, well watch some more games then, I guess. I've seen several uncalled basket interference calls this season. It seems to get ignored as much as it gets called.

Agreed about Dok. He isnt the only one getting away with fouls. Frankly, he gets fouled more times that dont get called than he does that do get called. He is huge and strong and gets hacked all the time.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Huh, well watch some more games then, I guess. I've seen several uncalled basket interference calls this season. It seems to get ignored as much as it gets called.

Agreed about Dok. He isnt the only one getting away with fouls. Frankly, he gets fouled more times that dont get called than he does that do get called. He is huge and strong and gets hacked all the time.

You've seen multiple times when a defender fouls the shooter and hangs on the rim?

Reactions: GTO and Snydes

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

I watch multiple games nearly every night and it's the first I've seen it. I guess though as a KU fan, you've seen the refs make/let go a lot of calls that the rest of us are used to seeing get called.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
You've seen multiple times when a defender fouls the shooter and hangs on the rim?
Yes, as well as games where they didnt call what could be called a moving screen, plays where there was contact on a shot that didnt get called, plays where travelling didnt get called, plays where they called the ball out on the wrong team.

Refs do not score a 100% accurate rating on any games. Stop with this whiny, "everyone is out to screw us" mentality and you'd see it as well.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Yes, as well as games where they didnt call what could be called a moving screen, plays where there was contact on a shot that didnt get called, plays where travelling didnt get called, plays where they called the ball out on the wrong team.

Refs do not score a 100% accurate rating on any games. Stop with this whiny, "everyone is out to screw us" mentality and you'd see it as well.

Please let me know what game you remember a guy fouling the shooter and then hanging on the rim, and then tell me when you've seen it where it didn't get called. I know you watch A LOT of basketball but that's the kind of thing that stands out.

KU fandom deflection. Funny ****.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Please let me know what game you remember a guy fouling the shooter and then hanging on the rim, and then tell me when you've seen it where it didn't get called. I know you watch A LOT of basketball but that's the kind of thing that stands out.

KU fandom deflection. Funny ****.
Pick any game, go find the message board for the team that lost and you will be provided with a list of calls that were made incorrectly. Well, at least half of them...

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Pick any game, go find the message board for the team that lost and you will be provided with a list of calls that were made incorrectly. Well, at least half of them...

I'm not talking about general missed calls.

Tell me what specific games that you've seen a defender foul an offensive player, then hang on the rim, and then not get called for the goal tend.

Otherwise you're just making **** up.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I wonder how many more mornings Tuco is going to run to open up this thread first thing in the morning. Oh, he just LOVES seeing that KU bat signal...

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
You really have to read the posts. I don't think anyone was saying that we lost BECAUSE of the refs. But, even though it is glaringly apparent that we are overmatched, they still give the benefit of the doubt on every opportunity they can to KU. I just want an even called game and still lose. I'd be happy with that.

shouldnt CSP be working the refs? He looks really timid when that goes on and he does nothing about it.

• Creative
Reactions: Macloney

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Refs miss calls in every game. They miss them against ISU and against the team ISU plays. I think the real problem is that the refs have let way too much physical contact go this year. Freedom of movement is dead this year.