Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Still running the "play in game" troll. Like I said, it is the same thing for years for you on here, and the work is subpar at best.

The play in game loss is not a troll. Why don't you just leave this conversation for the adults. This is tiring watching you do whatever you're trying to do

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
The play in game loss is not a troll. Why don't you just leave this conversation for the adults. This is tiring watching you do whatever you're trying to do

Sure it is, the NCAA considers it a tourney appearance.

Stating for years after the fact that it isnt is pathetic.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

If you want me to go, maybe I'll stick around awhile longer. You can call it whatever you want, Iowa was in the NCAA tournament that year, that is for sure. So try to say that Iowa wasn't in the NCAA trounament is a troll, you know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I will use whatever the NCAA uses.

To try to claim that Iowa wasn't in the tournament is the sheer definition of a troll. Sure you can say it is certainly less than ideal being in the play in game, and I'm sure I'd make fun of ISU if they were in the play in game. Yet it is obvious those teams make the NCAA Tournament.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: HawkJRP and CyTwins

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
We care about it the usual amount.

Seems like conference tournaments weren't that important to Cyclone fans either until about 6 years ago, now its about the most important sporting event of the year for most Clones I talk to. Not sure why that changed so suddenly.

I wonder if its because ISU started having success in their conference tournament about 6 years ago.
Iowa State wasn't good at basketball from 2001-2010.. So yeah we didn't really care too much about those conference tournaments because there wasn't too much to be excited about. The fun thing about winning these tournaments is your team has to be good to win them. The last 6 years, we've been pretty darn good and ended up winning 4 out of the last 6 conference tournament titles. In that time we've been to two Sweet 16's as well.. Overall, Iowa State is second in the entire Big 12 in conference tournament titles and regular season titles combined. That's something to be excited about.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
The 1st round NCAA win means more than a conference tourney championship that is for sure.

If you are asking if I would rather win a game in the NCAA tourney then lose in the Round of 32 than win the conference tourney and lose in the Round of 64 in the NCAA tournament then the answer is no doubt about it.

Does Iowa have like a banner or trophy commemorating round of 32 appearances? I know ISU doesn’t, it just has one for tourney appearances and sweet 16.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I believe they hung a banner for losing the play in game. Seriously
You're also not required to pick the first 4 in your bracket. Usually you wait until the field of 64 is filled. I'd say it's an appearance though, even though it is different. Idk, Iowa State has never played in the first 4 before so I have no idea how I feel about it.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
You're also not required to pick the first 4 in your bracket. Usually you wait until the field of 64 is filled. I'd say it's an appearance though, even though it is different. Idk, Iowa State has never played in the first 4 before so I have no idea how I feel about it.

Its really a dumb add on. Should have stuck with 64, I still don't call it in the field either way.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Dex said that Iowa State fans loved to talk about the assist to turnover ratio when Monte was doing it, and I said bringing up Monte in the same conversation as Connor is dumb.
disregarding assist to turnover ratio is dumb

Help Support Us

Become a patron