Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I did not know that he was a color guy

I did not go back and watch an Iowa victory after I got home lol. I wouldn't have even watched it if they lost no way I'd go back and watch a win

LOL, like you follow I Love Iowa basketball twitter.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Enjoy watching your team play meaningless basketball the next 2+ weeks.
Damn that cut deep lol. I'll apologize for some of the fans that are trying to diminish Iowa's season. It's been a while since we've sucked and Iowa was good in the same season. Usually we've both sucked. I would also consider not throwing as much shade, as it may not set up well for the future. This is the first time Iowa has been considerably better in a long time..

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I could care less about the Big10 tournament. Heck with as depleted as we are, one done would be a blessing to save us for the real tournament.

giphy.gif

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Damn that cut deep lol. I'll apologize for some of the fans that are trying to diminish Iowa's season. It's been a while since we've sucked and Iowa was good in the same season. Usually we've both sucked. I would also consider not throwing as much shade, as it may not set up well for the future. This is the first time Iowa has been considerably better in a long time..

Well next year looks to be more of the same.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Iowa won a game last year in the B1G tournament. They did the year before too.

Do Iowa fans not know that you can win more than one game in both the NCAA and Conference tournaments? I just realized that you guys might be unaware since it’s been so long. That would explain Fran’s job security.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Do Iowa fans not know that you can win more than one game in both the NCAA and Conference tournaments? I just realized that you guys might be unaware since it’s been so long. That would explain Fran’s job security.

I agree in that the Big12 tournament means a lot to ISU this year, as that is the only path to the NCAA Tournament. Past years, it is nice, but beyond that means nothing.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Well next year looks to be more of the same.
Maybe, but you never know. Iowa was predicted to be pretty bad this year and have considerably over achieved the initial expectations. Who knows what next year will bring for Iowa State.

• Optimistic
Reactions: HawkJRP

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I agree in that the Big12 tournament means a lot to ISU this year, as that is the only path to the NCAA Tournament. Past years, it is nice, but beyond that means nothing.
I'm sure that's why Iowa has been so bad in their conference tournament.. they know it means nothing so they don't even show up.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

So in your opinion a round of 32 loss means more than a conference tourney championship?

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
So in your opinion a round of 32 loss means more than a conference tourney championship?

If you are asking if I would rather win a game in the NCAA tourney then lose in the Round of 32 than win the conference tourney and lose in the Round of 64 in the NCAA tournament then the answer is no doubt about it.

Hawkize31

Jul 6, 2010
You're one of the few then. Most Hawkeye fans pretend not to care at all

We care about it the usual amount.

Seems like conference tournaments weren't that important to Cyclone fans either until about 6 years ago, now its about the most important sporting event of the year for most Clones I talk to. Not sure why that changed so suddenly.

I wonder if its because ISU started having success in their conference tournament about 6 years ago.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Seems like conference tournaments weren't that important to Cyclone fans either until about 6 years ago, now its about the most important sporting event of the year for most Clones I talk to. Not sure why that changed so suddenly.

I wonder if its because ISU started having success in their conference tournament about 6 years ago.
LOL, 6 years ago?

How could this be? Scar-faced detectives and bloodhounds were summoned to sniff out the mystery. They settled on class-action suspects: the mob from Iowa that swarms Kansas City every March like ants at a syrup spill.
They come from Ames and Ottumwa and Fort Dodge and Sioux City and Council Bluffs. They fill the Italian Gardens downtown and Kelly's bar at Westport and the Golden Ox in the stockyards and every hotel in town.
And Kemper Arena. Iowa State fans definitely fill Kemper Arena.
Fourteen thousand strong they filled Kemper on Sunday, some 75 percent of the crowd, and wouldn't let their Cyclones lose. They roared before the game. They roared during the game. They roared after the game. Heck, they were still roaring during OU coach Kelvin Sampson's postgame news conference, celebrating an exclamation-point victory in a season of Big 12 dominance.
"Their crowd was unbelievable," Sampson said. "Sometimes you need that on a day like today.

That article was wrote 20 years ago.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

This is a really bad take lol

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron