Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Jordan is weak defensively, but lets be honest, Fran isn't exactly a defensive coach. Iowa plays zone 2/3-3/4 of the time with or without Jordan, so it isn't like they need him to be some lock down guy.

On the flip side what Jordan does to open up an offense is invaluable to a team. He can stretch a defense to 23-24 ft. out on the floor. If Iowa had him instead of Toussaint out there where they can just sag on Joe, it would open Garza up even more.
Yeah I wouldn't necessarily say Garza's production would go up if Bohannon was playing healthy, but I think J-Bo nets a lot more of a positive than Toussaint and Evelyn and I don't think that should even be up for debate.

• Agree
Reactions: Legend Hawk

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
He may not be able to do much else consistently on offense, but a guy like that is extremely nice to have on the floor. He's someone that the defense actively has to think about at all times.

Again, if he plays for Iowa next year and is healthy he will most likely leave as the all time leader in assists at Iowa.

He was 7th in the B1G in assists last season, 2nd in the league his sophomore year and 3rd his freshman year.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Who is the best conference in the country?

Look at the AP poll and you tell us. Kinda hard to discount when you have the #1 rated and # 3 rated teams in the nation. I know you are an "average" type of person, so just say the B1G and be done with it. Better yet, call up Jerry Palm or Jeff Sagarin. We all know you will put a different spin on it anyways.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
The level of sheer amount of conclusions being jumped to that are presented as fact on this post are truly incredible. I am not even mad, just impressed.

I agree. You don't need any numbers to understand that Jackson and Nixon are horrible and Conner is a productive player.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
One might say after losing CJ and Jordan, Iowa's season was on it's last legs..

I didn't think Iowa had a shot of getting a Quad 1 win on the road without CJ. I doubt very much we can beat MSU or Illinois on the road, so beating Minnesota was big. Now if we can take 2 out of 3 of the home games remaining, that will be a solid finish considering how depleted this team is.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I didn't think Iowa had a shot of getting a Quad 1 win on the road without CJ. I doubt very much we can beat MSU or Illinois on the road, so beating Minnesota was big. Now if we can take 2 out of 3 of the home games remaining, that will be a solid finish considering how depleted this team is.

CJ doesn't have a high ankle sprain they are saying. If it's just your regular low ankle sprain I'm guessing he plays next game out

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Look at the AP poll and you tell us. Kinda hard to discount when you have the #1 rated and # 3 rated teams in the nation. I know you are an "average" type of person, so just say the B1G and be done with it. Better yet, call up Jerry Palm or Jeff Sagarin. We all know you will put a different spin on it anyways.

The B1G has a whole lot of average this year. The middle of the pack is much stronger than it has been for several years but the top is much weaker.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I agree. You don't need any numbers to understand that Jackson and Nixon are horrible and Conner is a productive player.

So if the game is on the line you would want Connor to take the last shot? You call this productive? Especially his FG% Yikes!! He's only playing because of his Dad being the coach and they have guys out. His game minutes would be like they were last year. You can do better. Nice reach though.

upload_2020-2-17_14-46-59.png

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
So if the game is on the line you would want Connor to take the last shot? You call this productive? Especially his FG% Yikes!! He's only playing because of his Dad being the coach and they have guys out. His game minutes would be like they were last year. You can do better. Nice reach though.

View attachment 70270

I like Connor handling the ball and shooting FT when the game is on the line for sure. If I'm looking for a game winning 3 point shot, then no, I'm looking to Jordan when healthy, then Joe, then CJ, then Garza, all are extremely clutch players.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron