Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Iowa State doesn't run an offense even remotely close to what Iowa does. Iowa's bread and butter is throw it into the post all day long. That's literally the first thing they look for down the floor every single time.

Connor can't create his own shot, he can't break down a defender one-on-one, and he can't shoot from 3. We don't need that on a team that already has struggles on the offensive end of the floor.

Jackson and Nixon can't do that either and they play a ton.

Last edited:

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Jackson has the worst PRPG! of any guy on either team that is in the regular rotation.

This includes Evelyn and Grill.

LOL! That is terrible.

Dang! You have really lost it today. The regular rotation is a Fran standard even if it is down to 8 people. No one is worse than Till!! Just like you posting on here, he looks clueless on the floor.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He’s a stud
He's one of the most efficient PG's of all time and he's currently one of the best, if not the best backup PG in the NBA. I wasn't trying to take away what Connor has done. You don't luck into being 1st in the NCAA in anything. He obviously has skill in that area. I was just saying bringing up Monte in the same conversation as Connor was a little over the top lol, that's all.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
He's one of the most efficient PG's of all time and he's currently one of the best, if not the best backup PG in the NBA. I wasn't trying to take away what Connor has done. You don't luck into being 1st in the NCAA in anything. He obviously has skill in that area. I was just saying bringing up Monte in the same conversation as Connor was a little over the top lol, that's all.
Fair enough

• Friendly
Reactions: Statefan10

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
FG% 3P% FT% APG TOPG
Connor 32.6% 31.2% 78.9% 3.8 0.9
Jackson 32.2% 31.7% 70% 1.2 1.2
Nixon 34.2% 23.3% 69.2% 2.1 1.0

Connor and Tre shoot similarly from the floor and 3. Connor is the better free throw shooter, ball handler and passer. Nixon is clearly a distant 3rd.

Thanks for listing 3 guys that currently suck

HawkFan1

Feb 2, 2019
You were the one who decided to bring up Monte Morris into the conversation. I'm not saying Connor is a bad passer because that'd be the furthest thing from the truth. However, I'm not going to make him into something he's not. He doesn't turn the ball over and averages a few assists a game. Monte was averaging almost double the assists, had better ratios and is currently the leader of that statistic in the NBA.
This is who brought up Monte, not dex
Muskie did