All Iowa/ISU Wrestling Lineup

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Nice white flag lol

Nope just enjoying a conference championship in the premier wrestling conference. Sometimes you have to smell the roses. I wonder what place ISU would have placed in the Big 10?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Agree that Degen was the better wrestler last year. Lugo is the better wrestler this year. He's 1-0 v. Degen, has a better record against tougher guys, is 2-0 against top-10 guys in the past few weeks alone. Degen just lost again to Thomsen and hasn't beaten a guy ranked in the top-20 all year (unless I'm missing someone).

Purinton isn't top 20?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Nope just enjoying a conference championship in the premier wrestling conference. Sometimes you have to smell the roses. I wonder what place ISU would have placed in the Big 10?

Tough question. The Big Ten is loaded in wrestling. Now you know what it's like to play football in the Big 12

• Funny
Reactions: iahawks

HawkFan1

Feb 2, 2019
If you want to say it's Parker over Murin but it's close that's fine but you have no legit argument to say Murin over Parker
I’ve said before I’m fine with Parker over Murin. With the same logic wouldn’t you say it’s silly not to have Cassioppi over Gremmel?

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Agree that Degen was the better wrestler last year. Lugo is the better wrestler this year. He's 1-0 v. Degen, has a better record against tougher guys, is 2-0 against top-10 guys in the past few weeks alone. Degen just lost again to Thomsen and hasn't beaten a guy ranked in the top-20 all year (unless I'm missing someone).

I'm not definitively saying that Degen would beat Lugo. Lugo has undoubtedly had a better year so far and Degen is banged up. I am just saying I still see this match as a toss up and the cyclone in me loves the fight and grit from Degen, which is why I picked him over Lugo in my lineup. Would Lugo beat Degen if they wrestled again? Maybe but I'll take my chances with Jarrett

Reactions: Gonzo

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I’ve said before I’m fine with Parker over Murin. With the same logic wouldn’t you say it’s silly not to have Cassioppi over Gremmel?

Freestyle you go Gremmel. Folkstyle I'm fine with Cass even though he's fading

HawkFan1

Feb 2, 2019
Freestyle you go Gremmel. Folkstyle I'm fine with Cass even though he's fading
Good thing NCAA wrestling is folkstyle.

Glad you’re hanging your hat on a match that happened 4 years ago to decide who’s better in freestyle and not results since

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Good thing NCAA wrestling is folkstyle.

Glad you’re hanging your hat on a match that happened 4 years ago to decide who’s better in freestyle and not results since

Are you triggered? You seem triggered Gremmel teched Cass in freestyle

HawkFan1

Feb 2, 2019
Are you triggered? You seem triggered Gremmel teched Cass in freestyle
Imagine needing to use cadet results to support your argument.
Has Gremmel wrestled any freestyle since 2016? I’m honestly trying to find any results

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Imagine needing to use cadet results to support your argument.
Has Gremmel wrestled any freestyle since 2016? I’m honestly trying to find any results

I mean I did mention Cass getting pinned and tossed around like a rag doll the last two times out

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Totally agree that the "tournament" held in Gilbert yesterday was a total joke. Really hurts the sport of wrestling.

As far as the All Iowa/ISU wrestling lineup goes.... give me Parker and Carr from ISU... and everyone else from Iowa.