All Iowa/ISU Wrestling Lineup

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Nothing that has happened this year shows me that any of them are closing the gaps on the Hawks at those weights. If the dual was today I would expect similar results to the dual in November. Major for DeSanto (maybe tech) and lobsided decision for Cass. Haven’t seen Kem vs Colbray, but Brands beat him and other than Colbray’s win against Steiert, doesn’t have much else

LOL. Kem would beat Colbray by murder.

• Agree
Reactions: HawkFan1

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
41 is a coin toss, I think a healthy Murin is better but I get ISU fans sticking up for Parker. 149 seems pretty clear, a healthy Degen already lost to Lugo, and Lugo's beaten two top-10 guys since barely losing in SV to Sasso. Would be interested in what the serious argument for Degen there is. Agree with a healthy Carr at 57. Young looked great against Lewan but wasn't happy with his Minney win and knows he needs to step it up.
Because his win over Degen was sketchy at best and Degen has beat him before.

• Funny
  • Winner
Reactions: Gonzo and CyTwins

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
41 is a coin toss, I think a healthy Murin is better but I get ISU fans sticking up for Parker. 149 seems pretty clear, a healthy Degen already lost to Lugo, and Lugo's beaten two top-10 guys since barely losing in SV to Sasso. Would be interested in what the serious argument for Degen there is. Agree with a healthy Carr at 57. Young looked great against Lewan but wasn't happy with his Minney win and knows he needs to step it up.

Degen is 2-1 against Lugo and beat Lugo with one arm at nationals last March. Degen had only been live wrestling for roughly 2 weeks before taking on Lugo in the dual, and I am still of the opinion that Lugo got a little help from the ref in that third period with lack of stall calls. Similar to your comment about Cyclone fans sticking up for Parker, I am surprised you do not see the serious argument for Degen as well.

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Degen is 2-1 against Lugo and beat Lugo with one arm at nationals last March. Degen had only been live wrestling for roughly 2 weeks before taking on Lugo in the dual, and I am still of the opinion that Lugo got a little help from the ref in that third period with lack of stall calls. Similar to your comment about Cyclone fans sticking up for Parker, I am surprised you do not see the serious argument for Degen as well.

What is the argument for Murin over Parker? I know Parker beat him last year in the dual

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
What is the argument for Murin over Parker? I know Parker beat him last year in the dual

Murin is ranked higher and just beat a guy that majored Parker (but that match was a long time ago). The other argument is Parker only beat Happel 6-4 in OT but that was a very different (and injured) Ian Parker. Murin vs Parker would be a good scrap now and could go either way.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Murin is ranked higher and just beat a guy that majored Parker (but that match was a long time ago). The other argument is Parker only beat Happel 6-4 in OT but that was a very different (and injured) Ian Parker. Murin vs Parker would be a good scrap now and could go either way.

I mean Parker has never lost to Murin at any level that I'm aware of. Lol on the Happel thing I'm surprised Parker even gutted it out and went that day

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
And it took a penalty point and a last second takedown to win 5-4. To say this isn’t a conversation is crazy.

If you want to say it's Parker over Murin but it's close that's fine but you have no legit argument to say Murin over Parker

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
You wrestled Chattanooga and Princeton but you're too scared to wrestle UNI? Lol no wonder you guys have the reputation you do

Another dual meet conference championship in the hardest conference by far. Lets see what they can do at Big 10s and nationals. Going to be a lot more battle a head for this team.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Agree that Degen was the better wrestler last year. Lugo is the better wrestler this year. He's 1-0 v. Degen, has a better record against tougher guys, is 2-0 against top-10 guys in the past few weeks alone. Degen just lost again to Thomsen and hasn't beaten a guy ranked in the top-20 all year (unless I'm missing someone).