Monday Musings Podcast today: Ask me anything

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
With Solomon Young's post game looking more and more refined. Are you surprised he wasn't a bigger part of the offensive game plan to start the year?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
If you could make one casserole for the casserole carnival, what would it be?

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Two Questions:

1. When Haliburton is not on the floor, the team struggles with turning over the ball. Most of the time it's a bad pass, some times the dribbler loses control of the ball. Is this more of a player issue or a coaching issue? Can a coach fix the turnover issue relatively quickly or is that something takes an offseason to correct?

2. After listening to one of your podcasts, you had me intrigued on checking out a women's game. Convince me why I should travel to next Sunday's game.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Talk some wrestling today CW. General thoughts etc. For the grappling fans, yesterday was so freakin sweet. Also, would love to get one of those hour long podcasts with dresser in the off season. :)

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Let's assuming Prohm goes back to Murray State after the season.
Does Pollard have the ability (or desire) to spend the money needed on a splashy hire? John Beilein may be out of a job soon. Thad Matta might be ready to get back into coaching.
Can Pollard open the checkbook to pay someone $3M+ or would he go back to the mid-major ranks (or just hire TJ right away)?

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Let's assuming Prohm goes back to Murray State after the season.
Does Pollard have the ability (or desire) to spend the money needed on a splashy hire? John Beilein may be out of a job soon. Thad Matta might be ready to get back into coaching.
Can Pollard open the checkbook to pay someone $3M+ or would he go back to the mid-major ranks (or just hire TJ right away)?

I second this question.

1.) As another poster mentioned, how hot is Prohms seat?

2.) As mentioned above, what kind of hire would JP be looking to make?

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Deal with the Devil: To choose one of the following is to agree to terms that the other will never happen.

Pollard's new entertainment district -or- a football national championship?

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
Two Questions:

1. When Haliburton is not on the floor, the team struggles with turning over the ball. Most of the time it's a bad pass, some times the dribbler loses control of the ball. Is this more of a player issue or a coaching issue? Can a coach fix the turnover issue relatively quickly or is that something takes an offseason to correct?

I would also like to hear Chris's thoughts on this. Personally, i don't think it's all that related to Haliburton. His own TOs seem to have been spiking before he shut it down. It feels like more of a focus and patience issue (both from a team and individual standpoint), and those are natural challenges as the season started to feel like it was spinning out of control.

Reactions: Halincandenza