The Fran fade

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I don't know that the Fran fade is going to happen this year and it certainly hasn't yet.

But I'd like to point out that it has taken 10 YEARS for Fran to have a clearly better season than Iowa State. There's been 2 seasons where you could argue that both teams had similar seasons, but I'd give the edge to Iowa State both times. And there's been 7 where Iowa State has clearly had the better season.

AGAIN 10 YEARS.

Reactions: WalkingCY

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
What off the court assholedude things has he done? I count the Ohio state ******* cheater thing as court related.

Remember Fran standing behind Patrick's team and he was chewing his ass about something. Almost normal for Fran to do anyway. I remember seeing the video of it. What an asshat!!

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
I don't know that the Fran fade is going to happen this year and it certainly hasn't yet.

But I'd like to point out that it has taken 10 YEARS for Fran to have a clearly better season than Iowa State. There's been 2 seasons where you could argue that both teams had similar seasons, but I'd give the edge to Iowa State both times. And there's been 7 where Iowa State has clearly had the better season.

AGAIN 10 YEARS.
AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!

Mick Mars

Mar 19, 2017
Fran's wife has gotten kicked out of more than one of her kid's games?
I don’t know- don’t have a scorecard- I do know in the November incident she held up the game for 5 minutes while refusing to leave. I also have witnessed their behavior at HS games in the MVC. I’ve also seen Ben Jacobson sit at games and watch his son and you wouldn’t know he was there if you didn’t know who he was.
Do other parents behave this way?- hell yeah they do- just not a good look when you are in a highly visible position at a public university. Act however you want coaching your own team- if you are out of line the conference will deal with that (and they’ve had to). Fortunately, the majority our state’s excellent coaches understand this.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Link to video?

I don't provide links to trolls like you. If you can navigate CF, you surely are smart enough to find it on the internet. Pretty sure it was on a CF thread, but not going to appease you and waste time looking for it. Look for it yourself.

Last edited:

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Come on, Gonzo - which of the two (Fran & Jamie) shows a consistent pattern of anger management issues?

Mad Fran, of course. That wasn't the issue. I thought the issue was Fran's wife getting kicked out of their kid's game. She's a psycho, but JP gets a pass for doing the same thing? It's an embarrassment no matter who does it.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Mad Fran, of course. That wasn't the issue. I thought the issue was Fran's wife getting kicked out of their kid's game. She's a psycho, but JP gets a pass for doing the same thing? It's an embarrassment no matter who does it.
I agree with that. ANY parent who gets belligerent at a kid's sporting (or performance) event needs a reality check. My apologies for misinterpreting.

Reactions: Gonzo

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I agree with that. ANY parent who gets belligerent at a kid's sporting (or performance) event needs a reality check. My apologies for misinterpreting.

Agree, people need to get a grip. My oldest is only in 1st grade so I haven't seen it yet, but it will come. My bil was guilty of this with his girls in AAU softball, it was embarrassing.